By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How strong are you?

Oh man I'm gonna get killed for saying this.

The biggest problem is electronics.

Like seriously there's not one second where at least one person in my house is not on an electronic system, unless you count when we're sleeping.

Around the Network

men of today
dead lift of 120 kilos about 264.5 pounds i think
squat (deep) 70 kilos about 154 pounds i think

men of the 50's
dead lift of 140 kilos about 309 pounds i think
squat nearly 95 kilos 209 pounds i think

i don't know if these are right but if they are then i think i tie men of 50's in dead lifts. I don't do too much of those anymore, but everything else I own.

Mummelmann said:
routsounmanman said:
One word : Evolution

Ah, yes. But since our diet is making us fatter and dumber, what use is there? Has makinds sloth brought evolution to a halt?

Doctor Henriksen said that the solution to this would probably be gene treatment administered in the mothers womb sometime in the future to help maintain (or retrieve) a good physique. When man is sickly enough, I see no reason why that won't be the case despite the limits both morale and technology has today!

Evolution isn't necessarily tied with improvement; We may be growing weaker and dumber, but we gain more knowledge from start point and our population and growth is increased. Also, in the near future, we may be able to implant nanomachines into our bodies (androids-like) to improve our attributes, that can be part of evolution as well.

gebx said:
Humans are evolving into a lesser being...

The problem started when they invented warning labels. Any idiot who thinks that liquor, medicine and driving should be mixed deserves to die and not reproduce... same with the "Do not submerge" items with power coords attached.

Burn all warning labels and let time sort things out... it would be a better world.

I'd agree to Nintendo pulling out their warnings out. We'd have some good laughs...

^^^HAHAHAHA!

Around the Network
cool48 said:
^^^HAHAHAHA!

Or just lol.

Mummelmann said:
Duke Of Darkness said:
Surprising as we Norwigians are true vikings, I bet norway is still on the top lists anyway.

Probably, strength-wise. Norwegians and Icelandic people are the biggest in the world after all! But still; kind of sad...

I dunno the man considered strongest in the world, is sub 160lbs and under 5'10" this is of course relative strength compared to height and weight. Some of the toughest bastards I've ever met were small... not big.

allstarr35 said:
men of today

men of the 50's

i don't know if these are right but if they are then i think i tie men of 50's in dead lifts. I don't do too much of those anymore, but everything else I own.

Don't forget that those are deep squats. I rarely see people do proper squats when I'm at the gym, but you are supposed to go down until your butt is about 12 inches from the ground and your quads are parallel to the ground. Literally all of the way down. Anyone serious about lifting heavy will do squats regularly, and they'll do them right. They're the most important single lift in any routine.

154 pounds for someone who is untrained is not surprising to me. If you took someone who could properly squat one rep at 155 pounds and gave them a couple of months to practice, they'd likely be capable of doing sets of 225 by the end of that period.

I'm not particularly big (about 164 pounds) but I was doing 225 for 4 sets of 8 reps after a few months of training, and I started around 155.

TheBigFatJ said:
allstarr35 said:
men of today

men of the 50's

Don't forget that those are deep squats. I rarely see people do proper squats when I'm at the gym, but you are supposed to go down until your butt is about 12 inches from the ground and your quads are parallel to the ground. Literally all of the way down. Anyone serious about lifting heavy will do squats regularly, and they'll do them right. They're the most important single lift in any routine.

154 pounds for someone who is untrained is not surprising to me. If you took someone who could properly squat one rep at 155 pounds and gave them a couple of months to practice, they'd likely be capable of doing sets of 225 by the end of that period.

I'm not particularly big (about 164 pounds) but I was doing 225 for 4 sets of 8 reps after a few months of training, and I started around 155.

I do the real squats where you make a 90 degree angels I've gone over 400+ but i cheated, meaning it was a real deep squat so yeah... Also I'm about 5' 10'' 165-170 on a good day but i've been lifting for a good 8 years.

routsounmanman said:
cool48 said:
^^^HAHAHAHA!

Or just lol.

Sorry, I had not realized that writing "HAHAHAHA!" offended you.