By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FACTOR 5 back on Wii!!

According to IGN, it is official that factor 5 is developing a game for the Wii.

"Official: Factor 5 Back on Wii
Company president confirms that it's making at least one non-Virtual Console project for Nintendo's new system.

January 14, 2008 - The maker of the hit GameCube series Rogue Squadron is back. In a phone conversation with IGN Wii this morning, company president Julian Eggebrecht confirmed that the studio is underway with at least one all-new Wii project -- and it's not a Virtual Console game. Beyond that confirmation, Eggebrecht was mum, but he did note that the new title would not simply re-use old Rogue Squadron tech; whatever it is, significantly updated or even completely new tech has been developed to help accommodate it."

http://wii.ign.com/articles/845/845353p1.html

Around the Network

Very nice

Likely a WiiWare game i guess, but nice to see them back. At least they may show some of the Wii graphical power.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Rogue Squadron 4? (*hopes)

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

yay more support for the wii.

Around the Network

I think by saying 'its not a vc game' they mean wiiware as well. I would expect a full new game on a disc. Hence, the reason they also made it apparent that they were not using the Rogue Squadron tools. But, making new ones.

It would be pretty obvious that they're not making a 'new' vc game, because there's no such thing. Therefore, he's really saying that they're not making a downloadable Wii game.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I'm not too excited for this from a gameplay perspective (they seem to be in a very different place than they were with Rogue Squadren 2) but they are one of the companies I would expect to do something fairly impressive from a technical perspective

Good, although Lair made such a bad use of motion controls I'm scared about what Factor 5 will do with the Wii's motion controls...

Hope it's not Lair with motion controls.