By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tretton Talks PS4: “We’ve Never Been First, Never Been Cheapest”

"I think, ideally, in a perfect world, you want the best machine that ships first, that’s the cheapest. But the number one goal is to have the best machine, and that’s what we’re always focused on."

That is why I'm a Sony fan all the way.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

"Never been cheapest" we know 

Light said:

So from all that was said, that's the only thing you picked up on?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Hope this doesn't mean they're going to release the most expensive device whilst realising last whilst "having no gamez" during the first 1-2 years, cause guess what, it's debatable whether it actually turned out "better", and secondly: You can't afford it.

End of post.

Ajescent said:
Light said:

So from all that was said, that's the only thing you picked up on?

Nah, just reminded me of the "599 USD" 

Around the Network

.............Tretton, you say the dumbest shit as usual, not that I'm surprised, not one bit....

pezus said:
Millenium said:
Hope this doesn't mean they're going to release the most expensive device whilst realising last whilst "having no gamez" during the first 1-2 years, cause guess what, it's debatable whether it actually turned out "better", and secondly: You can't afford it.

End of post.

It is clear that MS rushing the 360 out is part of their RROD problems. Probably could have avoided that with a bit more time in the oven. So in terms of hardware, at least early on, PS3 was better (but also far more expensive :-p).

Not going to pussy foot about it, the RROD issues should not have occured and was bullshit, but in the long run though I don't really think the PS3 turned out significantly "better" or more important than the 360 was in this gen, let's be fair, we're not going to remember it as the console that had all the games like the PS2, nor was it the media hub like the 360 (Not that the 360 is going to be remembered for that ;)) (Before the 360, they're pretty much on par now).

My phat B/C PS3 still purr like a kitty

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
dahuman said:

.............Tretton, you say the dumbest shit as usual, not that I'm surprised, not one bit....

Why is this "dumb"?

Ajescent said:
dahuman said:

Why is this "dumb"?

maybe hes just dumb