By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Kuwaiti court sentences man to 10 years for Twitter 'Islam insults'

not in the middle of E3.

mind you this is mor einteresting then this years E3 was.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
No one cares about strange world matters anymore?

Because they's nothing strange about it, people would have been far more surprised if authorities in Saudia Arabia didn't take an extreme stance.

spurgeonryan said:

If only it could be considered strange.

It's a pretty standard thing sorry to say.

Read that as "Kuwaiti court sentences man to 10 years of Twitter". Which would have been an even grosser violation of human rights.

spurgeonryan said:

How is it strange? There is no separation of religion and state there. Heck, the foundation of laws/government there is religion. So of course this isn't surprising news.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Alright, alright I guess that is normal. I have just never heard of anyone going to jail for posting on twitter.

That may be true for twitter but this is an area that will do it if spoken.  So it's not unexpected.

Are you sure its not because I insulted Uncharted?

and also i am not surprised, Kuwait is very less strict on this stuff than say Saudi , but Internet is still highly moderated and censored.

i guess you could say we were doing SOPA here before SOPA was cool,the real problem is that the government is run by  the Bedouin (they're our version of the stupid Rednecks) and the bedouin, and they always get the votes when its time for election due to family connections, they are also over populating the other kind of people ,bedouin men normally have 3-4 wives and 10-20 children, while the more civilized people normally just one wife (or not marry at all) and have a few children.

and since they pretty much run the country, their education is basically just "yeah i'll join this school and my father will just bride me out of graduation" , its pretty hilarious that my colleages that were in college with me couldn't count english numbers and didn't know how to write their own languages with "difficult" words, yes it was THAT bad, and what's even worse, they had better college degrees than i would ever dream of.

It is only strange when it involves Catholics these days.

Err... Islam lul...

PullusPardus said:
Are you sure its not because I insulted Uncharted?

It should be...

Unbeliever.