7 - 7.4 6 2.67%

6.5 - 6.9 1 0.44%

6 - 6.4 2 0.89%

Spartan IV 8 3.56%

Total:210
trasharmdsister12 said:
yo_john117 said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

- Lower Shields: From the multiplayer footage I've seen it looks like they've sped up the gameplay through the reduction of damage  a player can take. It's still not at extremely low levels such that it's "first seen, first killed" but the longer and more tactical battles is something I've always felt set Halo apart from the majority of recent shooters and a lot of encounters look to be incredibly shortened.

To me it looked like the shields are like Halo 3. In Halo 3 all it took was 4 shots from the BR to kill you and Halo 4 looks to be about the same. Plus the people we saw playing Halo 4 MP in those vids above sucked so bad and just ran in the middle of all the combat where usually there'd be more than one person firing at them.

It used to be 3 headshots with a BR to kill someone in Halo 3, no?  (2 for shield and 1 for health)  In the vids I've seen it looks like 3-4 body shots with the new rifle to kill someone. Body shots are easier than headshots so the average kill/death looks to be sped up to me.

I just remembered something else to add to the positives list. The speed of movement (without sprint) looks upped as well and closer to Halo 2 levels. I found Halo 3 a little on the slow side after all the Halo 2 I played.

Nope it was 4 shots total. The first 3 shots you could hit right in their body and the 4th shot in their head finished them (of course you could always shoot all 4 shots in their head as well).

Movement speed definitely is a plus...hopefully they'll bring back leading on like in Halo 3.

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
yo_john117 said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

- Lower Shields: From the multiplayer footage I've seen it looks like they've sped up the gameplay through the reduction of damage  a player can take. It's still not at extremely low levels such that it's "first seen, first killed" but the longer and more tactical battles is something I've always felt set Halo apart from the majority of recent shooters and a lot of encounters look to be incredibly shortened.

To me it looked like the shields are like Halo 3. In Halo 3 all it took was 4 shots from the BR to kill you and Halo 4 looks to be about the same. Plus the people we saw playing Halo 4 MP in those vids above sucked so bad and just ran in the middle of all the combat where usually there'd be more than one person firing at them.

It used to be 3 headshots with a BR to kill someone in Halo 3, no?  (2 for shield and 1 for health)  In the vids I've seen it looks like 3-4 body shots with the new rifle to kill someone. Body shots are easier than headshots so the average kill/death looks to be sped up to me.

I just remembered something else to add to the positives list. The speed of movement (without sprint) looks upped as well and closer to Halo 2 levels. I found Halo 3 a little on the slow side after all the Halo 2 I played.

John is right, 4 shot.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

I think jump height is halo 3 style again, much more fun than like in reach!

maximrace said:
I think jump height is halo 3 style again, much more fun than like in reach!

Yeah, I remember thinking that from the earliest of vids. It's gonna feel crazy at first though if you have been playing Reach all along. I like the Halo 3 jump height.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

trasharmdsister12 said:
yo_john117 said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

Nope it was 4 shots total. The first 3 shots you could hit right in their body and the 4th shot in their head finished them (of course you could always shoot all 4 shots in their head as well).

Movement speed definitely is a plus...hopefully they'll bring back leading on like in Halo 3.

Just did a bit of Googling and it looks like you're right. Also this GIF seems to have confused me as to the amount of damage one can take. It looks like two BR shots and a melee but the other guy actuall scores the kill here.

I'll look through the vids again when I get a chance and see if I can find the other things that may have tripped me up on the damage issue (or perhaps even some evidence to support my initial claim). Encounters just seem a shorter to me for some reason.

Yeah I think it has more to do with the play style of the people in those videos than anything else (at least that's what it looks like to me)

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:

yo_john117 said:

Yeah I think it has more to do with the play style of the people in those videos than anything else (at least that's what it looks like to me)

That seems pretty likely. It baffles me that they just run straight at each other while shooting. DX

I know lol. Although I do love to play against people like that

We still don't know anything more about forward onto dawn...Although that Bs angel said we would know more after e3 (like the cast)

150 days to go! Game looks so boss. The new armor abilities look pretty cool. I hope armor lock wont make an appearance :P

Not 100% sure but I believe it's been confirmed that Armor Lock is out (Even though I semi liked it...)

150 days, so long! -.-

No armor lock would save me from of a lot of raging, nothing worse than throwing a sticky and having it bounce back onto you or going to run over someone with a ghost and having them go into lock causing it to explode and die.