By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: The Xbox 720(?) will sell more than the PS4 and the Wii U combined

Icy-Zone said:
 I would say Sony beat microsoft this video game generation because they are currently juggling 3 pieces of hardware, PS3, PSP, and PS Vita. I was one that switched from Xbox because I felt like I was being hustled for online play and I'm sure others will follow suit, sooner or later. Nintendo, I feel, is releasing the WiiU a little too early. I'm interested to see how well they do.

You're not serious....... Are you? Sony won because they released more consoles............................................................................................................................................................................................

WiiU is releasing too early? Yeah, because it had a negative effect on the 360 and the original Wii consoles sales coming out before the ps3 and how it hurt the ds's sales releasing before the psp..... Do you hear yourself?

Around the Network
Significant_leap said:
Maybe in the USs but overall, not a chance, Msoft is dead in Japan
but i agree that SOnys era has ended, and pretty fast...

It's not a good chance but it is possible. Take out japan's numbers from the Wii and it's still ahead of the HD twins, which as we all know have been outselling the Wii for a year now.

Icy-Zone said:
I have a feeling Sony will be number 1 next generation. I would say Sony beat microsoft this video game generation because they are currently juggling 3 pieces of hardware, PS3, PSP, and PS Vita. I was one that switched from Xbox because I felt like I was being hustled for online play and I'm sure others will follow suit, sooner or later. Nintendo, I feel, is releasing the WiiU a little too early. I'm interested to see how well they do.

Sony won this generation and its sales will reflect shorly. The 360 hasn't been outselling the PS3 really ever. Year after year, the PS3 sells more units. With mistakes corrected, their is no chance that the 720 will sell more than both combined. None. Zero. Zip. The PS4 however is much more likely to sell more units than the 720 next generation. Between the next-gen HD consoles, I think the PS4 and 720 split will be 60-40 in favor of Sony's PlayStation 4 (minimum).

Pesmerga7551 said:
Icy-Zone said:
I have a feeling Sony will be number 1 next generation. I would say Sony beat microsoft this video game generation because they are currently juggling 3 pieces of hardware, PS3, PSP, and PS Vita. I was one that switched from Xbox because I felt like I was being hustled for online play and I'm sure others will follow suit, sooner or later. Nintendo, I feel, is releasing the WiiU a little too early. I'm interested to see how well they do.

Sony won this generation and its sales will reflect shorly. The 360 hasn't been outselling the PS3 really ever. Year after year, the PS3 sells more units. With mistakes corrected, their is no chance that the 720 will sell more than both combined. None. Zero. Zip. The PS4 however is much more likely to sell more units than the 720 next generation. Between the next-gen HD consoles, I think the PS4 and 720 split will be 60-40 in favor of Sony's PlayStation 4 (minimum).

You haven't really said why they will win and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they won't but they haven't learnt from mistakes. If you don't believe me, go look how the Vita is doing.

ironmanDX said:
Icy-Zone said:
 I would say Sony beat microsoft this video game generation because they are currently juggling 3 pieces of hardware, PS3, PSP, and PS Vita. I was one that switched from Xbox because I felt like I was being hustled for online play and I'm sure others will follow suit, sooner or later. Nintendo, I feel, is releasing the WiiU a little too early. I'm interested to see how well they do.

You're not serious....... Are you? Sony won because they released more consoles............................................................................................................................................................................................

WiiU is releasing too early? Yeah, because it had a negative effect on the 360 and the original Wii consoles sales coming out before the ps3 and how it hurt the ds's sales releasing before the psp..... Do you hear yourself?

You're not seeing the big picture here... Microsoft released their console a year ahead of Sony's. On top of that the 360 had a the RROD defect that FORCED many consumers to buying replacement consoles. With that said, I'm willing to bet that the PS3 has a larger install base, currently, than the X360. And since we're talking about each company's gaming divisions, you must take into consideration that Sony was supporting other hardware during and after the launch of the PS3, such as the PS2 and PSP (both of which sold in the millions). I'm pretty sure they're still supporting those two other pieces of hardware and now they have the Vita. Microsoft, on the other hand, focused exclusively on the 360 and dropped support for the original Xbox very quickly (it basically vanished). Sony is still a behemoth in the gaming department, despite the PS3 having a slow start and not being Sony's sole focus, it's still being the highest selling console lately, and is receiving a lot of support in terms of game development, which is extremely important. I'm also willing to bet that Sony's fanbase is more concrete and less likely to shift over to Microsoft primarily because the PlayStation Network doesn't demand monthly payments. Most Live users claim that they continue to pay for the service because either they've made friends on Live, and/or the ability of using cross-game chat. PSN users will still get to play with the same friends and on top of that cross-game chat will be included for free (as in the VITA). Again, look at the big picture.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

Around the Network
small44 said:

The xbox360 has nearly the same game and it's more cheap then ps3 with a year late that oblige Sony  to sacrifice profitability to resist to xbox360.

I don't get how on earth one can say Xbox is cheaper then PS3. You pay $50 a year to play multiplayer. Let's say this gen will last seven years. That is $350 for that alone. Any PS3 owner can add $100 to that and buy PS4, and if they are a PS Plus member with a lot of games (assuming the backward compatibility will be the same as the Vita).

Icy-Zone said:
ironmanDX said:
Icy-Zone said:

You're not seeing the big picture here... Microsoft released their console a year ahead of Sony's. On top of that the 360 had a the RROD defect that FORCED many consumers to buying replacement consoles. With that said, I'm willing to bet that the PS3 has a larger install base, currently, than the X360. And since we're talking about each company's gaming divisions, you must take into consideration that Sony was supporting other hardware during and after the launch of the PS3, such as the PS2 and PSP (both of which sold in the millions). I'm pretty sure they're still supporting those two other pieces of hardware and now they have the Vita. Microsoft, on the other hand, focused exclusively on the 360 and dropped support for the original Xbox very quickly (it basically vanished). Sony is still a behemoth in the gaming department, despite the PS3 having a slow start and not being Sony's sole focus, it's still being the highest selling console lately, and is receiving a lot of support in terms of game development, which is extremely important. I'm also willing to bet that Sony's fanbase is more concrete and less likely to shift over to Microsoft primarily because the PlayStation Network doesn't demand monthly payments. Most Live users claim that they continue to pay for the service because either they've made friends on Live, and/or the ability of using cross-game chat. PSN users will still get to play with the same friends and on top of that cross-game chat will be included for free (as in the VITA). Again, look at the big picture.

I'm not seeing the big picture? You're not even agreeing with yourself.

"Nintendo, I feel, is releasing the WiiU a little too early"

You say the WiiU is releasing to early then go on to say that one of the reasons 360 is ahead of the ps3 is beacuse it released a year early....You contradict yourself. How can you say its an advantage for one company and not another?

You say gaming divisions, divisions is right. You think everyone working on the ps3 is working on the Vita? No. Sony isn't that stupid. M$ is a bigger company than Sony so if your using focus on a single product as an argument, sony relies more on its gaming division than Microsoft does, you can tell because you're probably using a M$ os right now.

"Most Live users claim that they continue to pay for the service because either they've made friends on Live, and/or the ability of using cross-game chat."

Where is the link? I use Xbox live and though I did have friends on it, that wasn't the reason I joined. This must be your alt account or something.

After recent rumors about Xbox 3 being the last Microsoft console that needs to be released, this actually seems possible

ironmanDX said:
Icy-Zone said:
ironmanDX said:
Icy-Zone said:

I'm not seeing the big picture? You're not even agreeing with yourself.

"Nintendo, I feel, is releasing the WiiU a little too early"

You say the WiiU is releasing to early then go on to say that one of the reasons 360 is ahead of the ps3 is beacuse it released a year early....You contradict yourself. How can you say its an advantage for one company and not another?

You say gaming divisions, divisions is right. You think everyone working on the ps3 is working on the Vita? No. Sony isn't that stupid. M$ is a bigger company than Sony so if your using focus on a single product as an argument, sony relies more on its gaming division than Microsoft does, you can tell because you're probably using a M$ os right now.

"Most Live users claim that they continue to pay for the service because either they've made friends on Live, and/or the ability of using cross-game chat."

Where is the link? I use Xbox live and though I did have friends on it, that wasn't the reason I joined. This must be your alt account or something.

Also I think RROD pushed a lot of people over to PS3. This worked in Sony's favor and they where still able to recover from it. This was hugh everywhere. There where ten threads a week about RROD. Not only that it was all over the tv and when you walked into the game store they where talking about it. SH-t I was getting sick of hiring about it. You would think that it burnt 1,000 house's down and killed people in there sleep. How was this a good thing for MS again?

How many people didn't even buy a xbox 360 because of RROD, A lot.

Minimum thing to play in a console it's to buy the console not everyone need online not every one need a big hard drive and not everyone care about blu-ray.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m