By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation is a bigger and more important invention than PC

PlayStation a bigger invention than PC?

Yeah 80 30.42%

No PS2 was bigger! 30 11.41%

SNES ftw! 152 57.79%

Total:262
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Argh_College said:
Game Wise Ps1 was a revolution much better than any Pc.

These days Consoles have this games and stuff because Ps1 existed... We have Xbox because of Ps1, we have this MGS and tons of other series because of Ps1 so yeah Ps1 was awesome and deserves that spot.

And we have PS1 because of SNES. Your argument is invalid.

And we have videogames thanks to Pong/Odyssey

Around the Network
Turkish said:
crissindahouse said:
other very important polls on that site:

What do you expect from your razor?
How important is it to have a razor that also looks after your skin?
How important is skincare to you?
How does your skin usually feel after shaving?
Which of the following do you most associate with better `Hydration'?

Mature audience voted in that poll like I suspected, older guys PSN is known for, strangely enough after 355 hours of BF3 on PS3 I have never heard a kid voice. Then again, CoD is a completely different story lol.

what? i say how stupid the polls are and you make out of this "you see, that's why the poll is very usefull, no kids voting, only mature people" haha great...

Internet was invented by DARPA right? DARPA is in Metal Gear Solid 1 folks don't forget this!

sarcasm/

The internet wasn't invented by a single person, it has been in development since 1964 based on a paper by Leonard Kleinrock on packet switching from 1961. The first transmission was in 1969.
Sir Tim Berners-Lee started the world wide web by joining hypertext (http) with the internet.

But surely Kinect is the most important invention of the modern world as it can dock satellites, help perform surgeries, and pimp out your shopping trollie.

Player1x3 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Argh_College said:

These days Consoles have this games and stuff because Ps1 existed... We have Xbox because of Ps1, we have this MGS and tons of other series because of Ps1 so yeah Ps1 was awesome and deserves that spot.

That doesn't make his argument any more valid though...

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Player1x3 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Argh_College said:

SNES being the reason for the existence on PS1 doesn't take away any achievements and credit from PS1

You're putting a hell of a lot of credence in such a small, biased survey sample

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Player1x3 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

SNES being the reason for the existence on PS1 doesn't take away any achievements and credit from PS1

Yeah, and the PS1 doesn't take away any of the PC's achievments, which outnumbers the PS's massively.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Player1x3 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Yeah, and the PS1 doesn't take away any of the PC's achievments, which outnumbers the PS's massively.

I don't think anyone here suggested THAT

SvennoJ said:

The internet wasn't invented by a single person, it has been in development since 1964 based on a paper by Leonard Kleinrock on packet switching from 1961. The first transmission was in 1969.
Sir Tim Berners-Lee started the world wide web by joining hypertext (http) with the internet.

But surely Kinect is the most important invention of the modern world as it can dock satellites, help perform surgeries, and pimp out your shopping trollie.

I wouldn't leave my eggs in care of devices so prone to crash!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!