By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation is a bigger and more important invention than PC

PlayStation a bigger invention than PC?

Yeah 80 30.42%

No PS2 was bigger! 30 11.41%

SNES ftw! 152 57.79%

Total:262

An extensive survey of over 30,000 votes were cast by the UK's largest men's lifestyle website, AskMen.com, to find just what are the most important innovations in the modern world.

The overall winner was, unsurprisingly, the Internet. Invented by British computer scientist Sir Tim Berners-Lee, the Internet transmitted it's first successful communication in 1990.

But perhaps more interestingly, video games fared pretty well in the poll. The Sony PlayStation was voted in at number 4 - ahead of the Personal Computer in 5th place.  Launched in 1994, Sony's new console quickly challenged the dominance of console giants Nintendo and SEGA, and has been pinpointed by some as bringing video games to an older, more mature audience.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/playstation-beats-personal-computer

Around the Network

In terms of sales and games, yes, but you can't program a game without a PC.

That's ridiculous, I'm sorry

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

IEATBABIES said:
In terms of sales and games, yes, but you can't program a game without a PC.

wat.

Lol... the most important innovation in the world is PC of course. Almost nothing is made without a PC since the last 30 years.

Around the Network

I am not sure what's worse, the sample of people that have been used to provide this data or the likely fact that the OP actually B.E.L.I.E.V.Es the same thing

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

I do agree with the statement, PS1 really must have changed the world if it ranks higher than the pc, without the PS 17 years ago our would have looked much different now.

So now it is only Berners-Lee? Robert Cailliau don't exist anymore?

Turkish said:
I do agree with the statement, PS1 really must have changed the world if it ranks higher than the pc, without the PS 17 years ago our would have looked much different now.

I'd say the world would be much more different without PC than without Playstation.

Turkish said:

Did you respond to this survey 30,000 times? Be honest.