By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Putting an old HD in a new PS3 without formatting

shit, I've just restored the HDD, but everything's gone. No saves, no trophies, nothing. Maybe it's because I haven't logged in my local user on PSN?
It said something like "the data has been restored for an unregistered user which may cause a data loss".
Now I've logged in on PSN with my account, the files still aren't there, but I hope if I restore again it will work...

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

Didn't I tell ya something like that would happen?

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

why do you even make a thread if you ignore what people tell you ?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Yes people, some of you have told me what would happen. Some other though told me something different. How could I know who really has an idea?

I did the backup after logging in with my account, didn't work either.
Now I have to restore my 500gb HDD in the old PS3...
Then I can shrink the data to 160gb and transfer it to the other console or save the files manually...
But why would the 2nd option work actually? It won't use save files from another PS3 backup, but some random save files in an USB stick are fine to it? WTF??

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey