By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom Summer Jam Thread! Monster Hunter 4 Spring 2013 release date! Official Trailer inside! First footage ever for PS3 Resident Evil 6!

Tagged games:

I will not post anything not Capcom summer jam related

Ok 11 61.11%

Ok 4 22.22%

Total:15
VGKing said:
The numbered releases are usually console games.
This time it's releasing for 3DS.

So yeah, it is exclusive.

Well, it's exclusive from the beggining, but I always though Sony would cover Nintendo's offer. I mean, they have to!

I'll hold on to that thought until TGS... to me is simply unbelievable Sony does not make a huge push (like everything goes) for this game. It's going to be this gen's deal breaker.

Around the Network
VicViper said:
VGKing said:

Well, it's exclusive from the beggining, but I always though Sony would cover Nintendo's offer. I mean, they have to!

I'll hold on to that thought until TGS... to me is simply unbelievable Sony does not make a huge push (like everything goes) for this game. It's going to be this gen's deal breaker.

Seems like Nintendo seriously did plan this out well...

Related to the last news I posted:

CORRECTION: This story's headline was originally written under the impression that June 30 is day after tomorrow. Capcom Summer Jam will be held at the end of June, not the end of May, so we'll have to wait a bit for the RE6 and MH4 details. We've fixed the text of the story below.

Sign... and lol, I was under the impression of that mistake as soon as I read the news
Well, June 30th, then. See you guys then!

I think they are waiting for the install base of the 3ds to grow more in the west before committing mosnter hunger here considering it is a niche in the west.

Site updated:

June 30th - 14:30
Monster Hunter panel

This is very exciting, this game is simply huge!
Look at this year in japan... 2D Mario (two of them), Animal Crossing, Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter and Pokémon... wow. I mean, MH 4 must come this year to make this quintet, but I don't think they would miss the holiday sales.

Around the Network

On a different note - [from neogaf]

"Also Capcom was asked why MH3G was released on 3DS and not PSP at the latest shareholders meeting and they said it was due to "creative" reasons. According to Capcom PSP couldn't support that vision."

^haha, that is so fal$e

spurgeonryan said:
So in ten days we will hear all about Capcoms plans! If true creative reasons truly were the reasons we could see a Monster Hunter 4 on the 3DS and Vita this year!

I think that "creative reasons" mean = Nintendo's truck full of 100 dollar bills that parked in the Capcom president's parking slot...

But that's just me.

I still fully expect Sony to put this game at the same time as 3DS launch for Vita. The damage will be so big if they let this exclusive.

Well, the last hope for 3G to come is this conference.

And while it's not normal, it wouldn't be the first time Capcom announced a Monster Hunter localization in a japanese conference so...

HYPE! HOPE!

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/09/tgs-08-capcom-announces-us-bound-monster-hunter-freedom-unite/

SECOND UPDATE: Live streaming and Okami now confirmed

Capcom Summer Jam Stage Events to be Live Streamed

Plus, details on some of the event's bonus goodies.

Capcom's Summer Jam event will have playable kiosks for games like Okami and Resident Evil 6. And when attendees aren't playing the games, they'll be able to enjoy stage events offering the latest information on such major releases as Monster Hunter 4.

If you can't make it out to Tokyo Big Sight next Saturday, you're out of luck on the demos, but you can still enjoy the stage events. Capcom said today that it will be live streaming the stages. You can view the live stream here.

Unfortunately, the live streaming is just for the stages on July 1, the second day of the event, so you may miss out on the new Monster Hunter and Resident Evil news as it breaks on the first day.

Key attractions in the second day stage lineup include the Sengoku Basara stage at 10:30, the Street Fighter x Tekken stage at 11:25, the Resident Evil 6 stage at 13:50 and the Monster HUnter stage at 14:40.

In addition to the playable demos and access to the first day's stage shows live, there are other reasons to attend the event for yourself. Attendees who sample the various games will get some sweet swag. Look below for a Resident Evil 6 mouse pad, a Felyne fan, a Street Fighter x Tekken pouch for your Vita, Sengoku Basara fans, and an Okami HD Remaster clear file.

See the goodies here:

http://andriasang.com/con1l4/capcom_summer_jam_stages/

VicViper said:
VGKing said:

Monster Hunter Tri was exclusive to the Wii.

The numbered titles used to be console exclusives until they did a 3DS version of Tri.

So Nintendo was always going to get Monster Hunter 4, no matter what.