By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much will GTAV sell?

Tagged games:

How much? (lifetime, all platforms)

15m 5 10.42%

20m 11 22.92%

25m 15 31.25%

30m 6 12.50%

35m!! 1 2.08%

40m+!!!! 2 4.17%

Over 9000!!!1!1 8 16.67%

Total:48

25mil lifetime.
30mil if they do a next-gen port to Wii U/720/PS4.

Around the Network

Assuming it launches on PS360 and PC:

If it's like GTA IV_ 20 mil.

If it's like GTA San Andreas_ 25 mil.

It it also launches on Nintendo WiiU add another 1-1.5 mil

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

25 million or more, across all platforms.

Probably about the same as 4. The fact that we are towards the end of this gen outweighs the higher install base

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
Probably about the same as 4. The fact that we are towards the end of this gen outweighs the higher install base

The launch of this game will be so huge that it'll outsell 4 within a couple of months. Like Oblivion - Skyrim. Or Bad Company 2 - Battlefield 3.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
leatherhat said:

The launch of this game will be so huge that it'll outsell 4 within a couple of months. Like Oblivion - Skyrim. Or Bad Company 2 - Battlefield 3.

I'm not seeing it, frankly, though then again i didn't see what the big deal was with Skyrim. The more prevalent idea is that late-gen fatigue diminishes sales potential, and that the GTA name has slid in prominence a bit, though that all depends on what's really under the hood with GTAV and whether they deliver something stronger.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

25 million LTD across 360 PS3 & PC.

Mr Khan said:
I'm not seeing it, frankly, though then again i didn't see what the big deal was with Skyrim. The more prevalent idea is that late-gen fatigue diminishes sales potential, and that the GTA name has slid in prominence a bit, though that all depends on what's really under the hood with GTAV and whether they deliver something stronger.

Software sales in 2008 were very lukewarm for the PS360 compared to know. Games didn't really start to sell loads until 2009. And 2011 was huge. Games like MW3, BF3, Skyrim, UC3, Gears 3, Batman, etc all selling more than predecessors despite the crowded season. GTAV will likely have giant campaign as well. The game will be massive. I'm willing to bet that GTAV will match GTAIV's LTD sales within a year of its release.

put 25million but really meant to put less than San andreas (27.5million, via Take-Two themselves)

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

I think it will be around 14 million units for the 360, PS3 and PC, but if it comes to the Wii U, the game might see 17-19 millions units in total across four plattforms.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David