By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much will GTAV sell?

Tagged games:

How much? (lifetime, all platforms)

15m 5 10.42%

20m 11 22.92%

25m 15 31.25%

30m 6 12.50%

35m!! 1 2.08%

40m+!!!! 2 4.17%

Over 9000!!!1!1 8 16.67%

Total:48

Notice how San Andreas blew past it's predecessors even though it had less time to sell (only a year before the X360 released).

Around the Network

I'll lowball it and say 15 million lifetime.

Jay520 said:
Mr Khan said:
I'm not seeing it, frankly, though then again i didn't see what the big deal was with Skyrim. The more prevalent idea is that late-gen fatigue diminishes sales potential, and that the GTA name has slid in prominence a bit, though that all depends on what's really under the hood with GTAV and whether they deliver something stronger.

Software sales in 2008 were very lukewarm for the PS360 compared to know. Games didn't really start to sell loads until 2009. And 2011 was huge. Games like MW3, BF3, Skyrim, UC3, Gears 3, Batman, etc all selling more than predecessors despite the crowded season. GTAV will likely have giant campaign as well. The game will be massive. I'm willing to bet that GTAV will match GTAIV's LTD sales within a year of its release.

over 22 million sales in a year? Bold. 

Sal.Paradise said:
Jay520 said:
Mr Khan said:
I'm not seeing it, frankly, though then again i didn't see what the big deal was with Skyrim. The more prevalent idea is that late-gen fatigue diminishes sales potential, and that the GTA name has slid in prominence a bit, though that all depends on what's really under the hood with GTAV and whether they deliver something stronger.

Software sales in 2008 were very lukewarm for the PS360 compared to know. Games didn't really start to sell loads until 2009. And 2011 was huge. Games like MW3, BF3, Skyrim, UC3, Gears 3, Batman, etc all selling more than predecessors despite the crowded season. GTAV will likely have giant campaign as well. The game will be massive. I'm willing to bet that GTAV will match GTAIV's LTD sales within a year of its release.

over 22 million sales in a year? Bold. 

Sorry, I meant to say on the PS3 & 360. So like 18/19 mill on the PS3 & 360.

around or slightly higher than 4, install base means nothing now except that you'll have the majority of sales take place much earlier than 4

i dont see a wiiu release making a meaningful difference at this juncture

i personally aint looking forward to it that much after playing 4 and MP3 that engine it slow and lagy

Play Me

Around the Network

40 mill on all platforms PS3/Xbox 360/PC and maybe even the will U

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

On the HD Twins: 19m-21m with the WiiU 23m-25m

End of 2016 prediction

PS4:43M-46M

XBONE:28M-33M

SnakeDrake said:
40 mill on all platforms PS3/Xbox 360/PC and maybe even the will U

You're crazy dude! No way it will sell 40mil.

If it's on all 3 consoles....... 25 million+

If it's just on PS360.... 20 million.