By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What system sellers could PS Vita possibly have?

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Runa216 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I know that I don't care about graphics, but games like Gran Turismo and Uncharted are dependent on them. And there should also be improved physics on the PS3 versions.

Like it or not, the Vita versions are inferior.

what they lack in visual fidelity, they make up for in portability.  they are not inherently inferior, just not catering to your personal values. 

And that's just your personal view. Make one portable version of Gran Turismo and one home console version, then guess which one sells more.

THEY ARE NOT INHERENTLY INFERIOR, JUST NOT CATERING TO YOUR PERSONAL VALUES.  do you only read like one sentence then comment based on that?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

1. It's fine, but it is important that things are objective and not mearly conjecture. This is speculation but the way your argument is supported is based on a notion that you can not back up through your opinion alone. You need some better reasoning than a fake survey that was never conducted. You could argue sales but that data supports a more equal appeal. You need something else to support that theory.

2. There is some data showing the incresing trend of smartphone gamng, but the mobile gaming market has exploded and there is no hard evidence that the market for dedicated gaming handhelds has been eroded. There could simply just be more gamers in the market today. The increased accessibility that smartphones have creatd could even contribute to increased handheld sales. But more time is needed before we can answe that. The 3DS sales are so far conflicting with original theories on the future of handheld consoles.

3. An iPod touch is an iPhone without 3G or a service provider. Wifi only essentially, with no phone capability. It's a version 4 so not that old. It still has the App Store and web browser. It is not a seperate platform from the iPhone.

4. Indeed the competition is tough, but that won't outrule the Vita. It is an exceptional product that will receive acceptance after this year. It probably won't lead the market but it will be a well supported product for years and a great option for many. It is playing the middle ground in price and functionality but it will become cheaper and more useful over the years through technology cost reductions and firmware updates. That is the glory of a dedicated system.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Deoz said:

The psp GoW games were as good as the ps2 on graphics, it showed it limits tough and were shorter.

Anyway i agree with the1 in this part. GT and UC are series that are praised for their good looking visuals. Tough not the only one it forms part of what makes the IP so popular this gen in my opinion.

Just because something is praised for its graphics, doesn't mean it relies on them.  Uncharted has great storytelling, great audio, and great gameplay to go along with its great graphics, animation, and cinematography. 

Gran Turismo is stuffed to the brim with content, be it cars, tracks, locales, options, etc.  

Both of these games are fantastic, even without the visuals, the visuals are simply the icing on the cake. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

BasilZero said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Gran Turismo will probably be released sooner or later.

God of War was obviously relevant if it pushed PSP sales. This thread though is about questioning the potential sales of upcoming casual and hardcore Vita titles (and their effect on hardware sales). If Golden Abyss was a system seller then so be it.

I can never understand why people say that certain games shouldnt be released on the system because of one factor such as graphics but when they dont release those games or games that are up to par as those certain games, the company gets bashed for not releasing well known good titles ~.~

I never said that they shouldn't release certain titles. I'm just questioning their ability to sell systems.

Runa216 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

And that's just your personal view. Make one portable version of Gran Turismo and one home console version, then guess which one sells more.

THEY ARE NOT INHERENTLY INFERIOR, JUST NOT CATERING TO YOUR PERSONAL VALUES.  do you only read like one sentence then comment based on that?

No, I read the whole thing. Are you upset about something? :P

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Runa216 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

No, I read the whole thing. Are you upset about something? :P

I did the capslock so you would see it and pay attention to it.  I don't get upset over people on the internet.  peterbed and annoyed, but not upset.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
Deoz said:

The psp GoW games were as good as the ps2 on graphics, it showed it limits tough and were shorter.

Anyway i agree with the1 in this part. GT and UC are series that are praised for their good looking visuals. Tough not the only one it forms part of what makes the IP so popular this gen in my opinion.

Just because something is praised for its graphics, doesn't mean it relies on them.  Uncharted has great storytelling, great audio, and great gameplay to go along with its great graphics, animation, and cinematography. 

Gran Turismo is stuffed to the brim with content, be it cars, tracks, locales, options, etc.  

Both of these games are fantastic, even without the visuals, the visuals are simply the icing on the cake. 

i said they werent the only one. Yet they form part of their appeal, take it away is making it inferior of what people expected.

For GT wich is a car simulator it forms a really high part.

Deoz said:
Runa216 said:
Deoz said:

i said they werent the only one. Yet they form part of their appeal, take it away is making it inferior of what people expected.

For GT wich is a car simulator it forms a really high part.

Nono, I didn't clarify.  my points weren't so much about what YOU said, but what The1 said.  earlier he mentioend that these games RELY on graphics, and you said you agreed with him.  I should have clarified, my mistake.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Yeah, they all have potential. Question is though if people are willing to spend money on both a home console version and a portable version with less content. Because that's a lot of money.

I guess we'll see soon enough.

They will if they want to play it on the road and if it's not available on consoles, like Golden Abyss and Bioshock Vita. And who says it has to have less content? LBPV is going to have more features than it's console counterparts. People clearly want Uncharted on PSV, it's sold 600k on a system that's only sold 2 million, Uncharted is probably near on around 800k if you count digital sales

Even if they want it that doesn't mean they have the money for it.

There is no rule that says all Vita games has to have less content than PS3 games, but the size of blue-ray discs are way greater than the available size for Vita games. So, obviously they have more room for content in the PS3 versions.

@underlined Plenty of people bought console experiences on the PSP and Uncharted has sold very well considering it's attach rate. This argument doesn't make much sense to me anyway, console-like handheld games are the same price as any handheld game, and obviously handheld games aren't held back by people not having the money for them. 

@Bold Not really, most games on PS3 take up less than 8gb, and Vita games take up a lot less space as the resolution a vita game is running at is significantly lower than that of a PS3 game, meaning textures and other assets are at lower resolutions, meaning they'll take up less space. Also, SD cards can easily expand if needed; in the same way some games use a dual layer blu-ray, vita games can easily transition to bigger cards if needed.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
VGKing said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

It should have less content in most cases simply because of the limited hardware and software format.

They should not be fine with only one version being bought. Are you expecting half of all PS3 gamers to abandon their system for the Vita once their favorite title arrives for it?

@bold
Such as? Care to give some examples?

No, I'm not expecting half of PS3 gamers to abandon their system to buy Vita games. I'm not expecting PS3 gamers to buy Vita at all. I'm expecting DS and PSP owners to buy a Vita.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss apparently had less detailed levels than it's console counterparts, and didn't really feel like an improvement over Uncharted 3.

That last sentence (of yours) is what worries me. People buying smartphones are getting younger each year, making the it less likely that their parents will buy both electronics for them.

Please re-read your previous comment. You said Vita games have LESS CONTENT, which they don't.

Of course they have less detail, Vita runs at a lower resolution and a smaller screen. Anyway Uncharted Golden Abyss is a completely original game. It's not a port of the console versions.