Is Dragon's Dogma the Best Game, Ever?

Hell yeah! 17 62.96%

Fuck yeah! 10 37.04%

Total:27
d21lewis said:
Slimebeast said:
zuvuyeay said:
good work crystalchild,

slimebeast & crystalchild you are both on my psn list so i will hire your pawns when i play this but it won't be for a few months as i am always behind and you would have moved on,but yes i will hire your pawns,haha you'll probably never know though

I will know and you already have my thanks. I will be playing this game for a long time and I always check up on the stats of my pawn in the hope that someone hired her. Which only has happened once so far, out of pity (thank you Crystalchild!).

If you want your pawn to sell, you gotta dress her (make your pawn a femaile) like a whore and dye her hair an obscure color.  Somebody bought my pawn for 28,000RC yesterday and she's just an archer.  It's definitely because of her thong and bright red hair (sometimes it's pink.  Sometimes, it's purple.).  When my Pawn wore a full suit of armor, NOBODY wanted her.

Thanks for saying it so outright. I am still searching for those thongs!

Dying your pawn's hair in bright colors is done by buying colors from that guy in the Encampment by using Rift crystals right?

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
d21lewis said:
Slimebeast said:
zuvuyeay said:
good work crystalchild,

slimebeast & crystalchild you are both on my psn list so i will hire your pawns when i play this but it won't be for a few months as i am always behind and you would have moved on,but yes i will hire your pawns,haha you'll probably never know though

I will know and you already have my thanks. I will be playing this game for a long time and I always check up on the stats of my pawn in the hope that someone hired her. Which only has happened once so far, out of pity (thank you Crystalchild!).

If you want your pawn to sell, you gotta dress her (make your pawn a femaile) like a whore and dye her hair an obscure color.  Somebody bought my pawn for 28,000RC yesterday and she's just an archer.  It's definitely because of her thong and bright red hair (sometimes it's pink.  Sometimes, it's purple.).  When my Pawn wore a full suit of armor, NOBODY wanted her.

Dying your pawn's hair in bright colors is done by buying colors from that guy in the Encampment by using Rift crystals right?

You buy the dye from him at The Encampment but you have to use it at the barber's shop in Grand Soren.  Later, if you can spare the RC, you can buy the option to change your appearance at any time from the title screen.  Pretty useful since your pawn often looks different than you imagine when you're actually in the game.  Mine was way too tall originally but I was stuck with her.  Then, I bought the option to change her once and I made her too short. 

Anyway, a thong is under the bed of the duchess inside the castle.  It respawns ever few days, too.  Thongs for everybody!  Also, if I use somebody's pawn, you better believe they'll be wearing a thong when they get their pawn back.  It's just my trademark.  Nobody gets their pawn back in the same condition that I get them.  If I run out of thongs, I take their pants off.

Ideally, I only hire fat pawns. They are tough to find, though. Capcom should definitely add the ability to search for pawns by fatness in Dragon's Dogma 2.

badgenome said:
Ideally, I only hire fat pawns. They are tough to find, though. Capcom should definitely add the ability to search for pawns by fatness in Dragon's Dogma 2.

Not a bad idea, actually.  Different people search for different things.  A better search engine based on several categories rated by players.  Sexiness, rare weapons, obscurity, intelligence, fatness, hair color--we could type in what we liked and somewhere out there, we'd find the pawn of our dreams. 

You know, since it's tied to Capcom's servers, I'd also like to be able to play with pawns from the PS3 on my 360.  There's nothing to stop them, is there?

d21lewis said:

You know, since it's tied to Capcom's servers, I'd also like to be able to play with pawns from the PS3 on my 360.  There's nothing to stop them, is there?

I wouldn't think so, unless Sony or MS told them not to allow it. They should have done that. Oh, well. All the more reason to make a new and improved Dragon's Dogma.

Btw, is the thong equippable by dudes? A burly dude in a thong would be the best pawn ever.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
d21lewis said:

I wouldn't think so, unless Sony or MS told them not to allow it. They should have done that. Oh, well. All the more reason to make a new and improved Dragon's Dogma.

Btw, is the thong equippable by dudes? A burly dude in a thong would be the best pawn ever.

Let's find out!

*fires up Dragon's Dogma*

*edit*

No.  At least, not the pawn I hired.

d21lewis said:
Slimebeast said:
d21lewis said:

You buy the dye from him at The Encampment but you have to use it at the barber's shop in Grand Soren.  Later, if you can spare the RC, you can buy the option to change your appearance at any time from the title screen.  Pretty useful since your pawn often looks different than you imagine when you're actually in the game.  Mine was way too tall originally but I was stuck with her.  Then, I bought the option to change her once and I made her too short. 

Anyway, a thong is under the bed of the duchess inside the castle.  It respawns ever few days, too.  Thongs for everybody!  Also, if I use somebody's pawn, you better believe they'll be wearing a thong when they get their pawn back.  It's just my trademark.  Nobody gets their pawn back in the same condition that I get them.  If I run out of thongs, I take their pants off.

Haha. But can you really change armor and clothes of other player's pawns?

Slimebeast said:
d21lewis said:
Slimebeast said:
d21lewis said:

Haha. But can you really change armor and clothes of other player's pawns?

Yep.  My pawn used to come back dressed differently all the time (that was "Before Thong", though.).  They give you the option of keeping your pawn dressed the way somebody else dressed them or going back to the way you had them.  It was crazy.  We'd go to sleep at an inn and when I woke up, my pawn would be dressed in weird cloaks and boots.  It's like she snuck out and went partying while the Arisen was asleep.  You get to keep the clothes they give you and your clothes (if you don't decide to wear them) go back into your inventory.

After Dragon Age and Skyrim I've had enough dragons for a while

Will Dragons Dogma come to PC?