By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could UT3(PS3) become a million seller.

It will be a million seller when the X360 version releases. But solely on the PS3...I would say
"No".

Around the Network

Does anybody know when the game is to be released on the X360?

segajon said:
Does anybody know when the game is to be released on the X360?

It releases sometime during the 2nd Quarter of this year (2008).

I also enjoy UT3 for ps3, but it's long term success will depend on mods, imo. if people see they can play awesome user created mods with no additional cost that is definitely something about UT3 that makes me optimistic for it's sales and the community. One really cool mod is all it takes. It is also important that maps/mods are more streamlined than they are now. the inclusion of an in-game mod/map viewer/downloader with top maps/mods is essential and is currently not present

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

i think itll be overshadowed once haze comes out.. and in europe when haze comes out and other shooters

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network
ameratsu said:
I also enjoy UT3 for ps3, but it's long term success will depend on mods, imo. if people see they can play awesome user created mods with no additional cost that is definitely something about UT3 that makes me optimistic for it's sales and the community. One really cool mod is all it takes. It is also important that maps/mods are more streamlined than they are now. the inclusion of an in-game mod/map viewer/downloader with top maps/mods is essential and is currently not present

im stoke playing the autoshield mod AKA "Halo" mutator

and the over the shoulder view AKA "gears of war" mutator

UT3 is a great game, though campaign really stinks.
but the multiplayer(or instant action) fun factor is phenominal, sorta like all the mayhem in the COD4 campaign
bullets wizzing, explosions everywhere but only in multiplayer. never a dull moment

i wished it coulda sold more, so epic would be more inclined to make patches(and geet more money),
and the community would build more mods.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

It's on Midway, they have some of the worst marketing I've ever seen in the industry. They did almost nothing hyping up UT3, it was pretty much Mark Rein and Epic that was spreading the word.

I don't know bbsin, I see a lot of commercials for UT3 and ads on various websites.

depends on how well received it is in europe - the PC version is a hit over here and still sells really well , but that might mean people already bought it for PC and won't get it for the PS3 .. still I think it will sell better in EU than in the US

I don't think it has big chance. PS3 software sells better in Europe but America is the land of shooters. So UT may do similar numbers in Europe and in America like CoD4 which sold 0.71mln in America and 0.8 mln in Others. I think that it can end at around 700k. Japan also shouldn't be helpful however it could add around 50k.
I am actually pretty dissapointed with UT3 performance, thought it will do better.