By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2012 Conference - E3 is Dead. Long Live Nintendo Direct!

They needed a pro type controller in order to have downloadable GameCube games, they did not mention the classic controller at all, so I wonder.

Around the Network
Millenium said:
So, the video chat could be used by pedo's etc...

That, and the easy phone call functionality.  I am concerned that Nintendo is trying to be too innovative without taking child safety into consideration.  This is very un-Nintendo.  I hope they can quell my concerns this week.

That's honestly my only gripe about the presentation.  The Wii U Pro Controller (wireless) looks amazing, and has made me twice as excited for this new console.  Prior to today, I thought we would all be forced to use WiiMotes as secondary gamepads.  Outstanding news!

I do wish Iwata would have addressed the issue of 1 or 2 Wii U Game Pads per console, but I expect that info on Tuesday.

I've been on the fence about Wii U since last year's E3, but I'm really starting to fall for this new technology.  Can't wait for the real press conference!

Who is going to be the first to post that pic of Fry that says "Shut up and take my money"?

Damn nintendo is really going in at it this time. Nice, cant wait for tuesday now u.u

BasilZero said:
I didnt actually see the whole thing but I have a question, about the Wii-U pro controller, I am guessing that would be the alternate controller for games o.O?

Or what is the purpose for it since I thought the gamepad will be the primary controller?

It's for people who will eventually keep thinking the controller is a fad and developers too lazy to work with the GamePad.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
I didnt actually see the whole thing but I have a question, about the Wii-U pro controller, I am guessing that would be the alternate controller for games o.O?

Or what is the purpose for it since I thought the gamepad will be the primary controller?

It basically was for those games that need a more robust controller for multiplayer. So you didn't have to have a classic controller + Wiimote. The Upad is still the main controller this is for non-player 1 multiplayer games.

Sal.Paradise said:

NON-DESCRIPTIVE ACTION FIGURES

BADASS GRANDPAS

SOCIAL NETWORKS

CURTAINS

WII-U2

WARA WARA

TV STREAMING

BROWSER FINALLY BEING ENTERTAINMENT

TIME AND SPACE

NINTENDO ALREADY WON E3 AND IT HASN'T STARTED YET EVERYONE GO HOME

RIVING ROOM TO RIVING ROOM

With that pro controller, games (especially third party) won't even end up using the GamePad.

Also that promo vid was embarrassingly bad lol. But I'll forgive them.

That was pretty cool. I see a lot of potential in many things they showed. I loved that example video. It was terribly brilliant, but that old guy was awesome.

And they've certainly answered quite a lot of the concerns some people have been voicing for the last 12 months, so let's see how far those goalposts get moved...

VGChartz

Dissapointed to say the least.