By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2012 Conference - E3 is Dead. Long Live Nintendo Direct!

WiiBox3 said:
Wow that new black controller looks like an Xbox360 controller and the Gamecube controller had a baby.

Best sentence ever

Around the Network
mootap said:
NintendoPie said:
I really liked that Interface! I thought it was interesting and clean. Great job Nintendo!

Now deliver on the Online Part!

Nah,it just appeared to look like a bunch of miis covering the tv screen with stuff on thier heads.I would've prefered a more app like design similar to the 3ds or the wii menu..I still haven't used it so i cant really say about it though

Whatever you say! I think it's interesting, besides, it looks like they also have a normal menu. (Did you see that little flap looking thing at the bottom of the screen while looking at the Miiverse? It looked like the old Wii Interface.)

NON-DESCRIPTIVE ACTION FIGURES

BADASS GRANDPAS

SOCIAL NETWORKS

CURTAINS

WII-U2

WARA WARA

TV STREAMING

BROWSER FINALLY BEING ENTERTAINMENT

TIME AND SPACE

NINTENDO ALREADY WON E3 AND IT HASN'T STARTED YET EVERYONE GO HOME

I'd give ANYTHING to see more right nooooow!!! D:

mootap said:
NintendoPie said:
I really liked that Interface! I thought it was interesting and clean. Great job Nintendo!

Now deliver on the Online Part!

Nah,it just appeared to look like a bunch of miis covering the tv screen with stuff on thier heads.I would've prefered a more app like design similar to the 3ds or the wii menu..I still haven't used it so i cant really say about it though

The "normal" Wii type menu will be one the controller. He did say that there will be a more elegant menu on the controller that is swapable with the one on the TV. The TV is more of a this many people are playing this game on this netword type of thing.

And the WiiU controller is just an update to the Classic Controller Pro that is currently out for the Wii. (The shape and everything)

As for the black controller/possiblity for the a black console. During the skit the loser with the non-descript action Figure has a black Wii U.

Around the Network

So, checking out different sites and forums, and I love the fact that people that literally said "I won't play the Wii-U unless they use a traditional controller" before are now saying "now I can play a system with 360 level graphics with a 360 controller, talk about innovation Nintendo." Rol's been saying it forever and it's true, "hardcore" players don't like Nintendo, it's part of being hardcore.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
I like the new Pro controller. I think people have been asking for this. That conference opens many doors for the upcoming week! I can't wait to see more from the software side of things!

Yeah, that pro controller looks like a wavebird. Pretty sweet! Way better grip than the classic controller....but before that he alluded to people wanting two Wii U Game Pads at once...did he ever address that? It seemed like he hinted at the fact that we wanted it but never answered.

ryuzaki57 said:
I must admit that this Miiverse thing seems awesome. But the fact they introduce a Classic Controller proves that the GamePad is flawed.

Which leaves the important questions : which games? which price?

Doesn't mean it's flawed, it means enough people bitched about it and Nintendo wants to cover their bases.

Dammit I just missed the conference! Freakin school, getting in the way of my video games.. Did I miss any exciting news? I don't really feel like skimming multiple pages, but ah who am I kidding, I probably will anyway!

Smeags said:

INFORMATION ROUNDUP:

- Nintendo's E3 presentation will focus almost entirely on Wii U games
- Nintendo began discussing what they should do with Wii U back in 2008
- Nintendo wants to unite people with Wii U rather than separate them
- controller is called the Wii U GamePad

- control sticks can be pushed down, button layout has been changed to maximize comfort - mystery square is the NFC reader/writer

- controller can act as a TV remote
- controller features motion and gyro sensors
- Wii U supports Wiimote, Nunchuk, Balance Board

- Wii U menu system called Mii Wara Wara, a plaza full of Miis saying all sorts of things
- view your Mii, Miis on your system, your friend's Miis and Miis in the same country having similar experiences
- The Miiverse lets you see what friends are doing, even if you don't have the same games as them
- bring up the Miiverse during gameplay as well
- communication between Miis can happen via text messages, but can also be viewed/used via the Wii U GamePad
- hand-write notes or make doodles on the GamePad for the Miiverse
- Miiverse allows you to add facial expressions for your Mii
- post screenshots from gameplay, or content that you've created yourself
- Miiverse can be accessed by all games via home button

- Miiverse can be used with games that don't feature online interactions
- these interactions are browser-based. After launch, you can access Miiverse on your PC, 3DS or any web-enabled mobile device
- Miiverse keeps future Nintendo devices in mind, whatever they may be
- Wii U internet browser lets you share what's on the Game Pad via your TV
- close a virtual curtain over a TV screen to keep what you're browsing on the Game Pad a secret, reveal when you want to
- plenty of 3DS news coming during 'other upcoming opportunities'

Nice Round-Up! You sure got those pics fast, Smeags!