By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2012 Conference - E3 is Dead. Long Live Nintendo Direct!

radishhead said:
Are we expecting anything new to be announced at the 3DS conference, or just extra info on what we already know?

This is pretty much what I think they'll be doing:

Which I have no problem with. XD

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
That game is cool and all but...I want Monolith to do other stuff like Xenoblade sequels or something.

Oh well, Project X Zone won't keep them busy for too long I guess...

Monolith is probably working on 3 games right now, Project X Zone being one of them.  We saw this image quite a while ago on a computer screen at Monolith Soft:

To me it looks like one of the pre-rendered overworlds found in the Baten Kaitos games (compare it to that in the first game: http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/batenkaitos/ss-166.jpg).  That suggests that they are currently making BK3.  I imagine that such an image (assuming it is the overworld) would be better suited for the 3DS, as if it were for the WiiU I would expect it in real time 3D; therefore I'm expecting they are working on a 3rd Baten Kaitos game.  If so, I would expect an announcement by the end of the year.

I'm also pretty sure that Monolith were advertising for staff to work on a WiiU game, suggesting one is in the works.  Given the critical and commercial success of Xenoblade Chronicles, and relative failure of Disaster, I for one hope that they pick what I consider the logical option to develop a HD open world RPG for the platform.

There is also the fact that they are well over due to announce a new game, Xenoblade released almost 2 years ago now.

MegaDrive08 said:
Thought there had only been two so far, Nintendo direct and e3, thought there was two more presentations?

The hardware one was last night. There wasn't much in there. They just covered Nintendo Land and NSMBU and touched on the MiiVerse integration into Mario.

forest-spirit said:
morenoingrato said:
forest-spirit said:
After some well needed sleep most of my disappointment is gone.
But, what the heck are Retro and Monolith up to!? Where is Samus!? I need to know!

Isn't Monolith working on ProjectXZone?

guyjumpingfromabridge.gif

I second this only because we shall never get to play it here.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
forest-spirit said:
morenoingrato said:
forest-spirit said:
But, what the heck are Retro and Monolith up to!? Where is Samus!? I need to know!

Europe will probally get it and the US wil not.

Around the Network

The more I look at it, the more excited I am for LEGO City Undercover

Also Rayman Legends actually looks like a lot of fun

BlkPaladin said:
outlawauron said:
forest-spirit said:
morenoingrato said:
forest-spirit said:

Europe will probally get it and the US wil not.

lol. Europe is far less likely to get it as the last SRT OG to be localized was a US only affair (although no one got the sequel).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Also the more I read about it, the closer Zombie U is to being my game of show

Khuutra said:
The more I look at it, the more excited I am for LEGO City Undercover

Also Rayman Legends actually looks like a lot of fun

Didn't you tell me you weren't really excited for it? XD

I knew you would start to like it over time.

Well, it's a good thing Nintendo has another conference since their last was a disappointment. Maybe this will be the one that redeems their E3 showing. Too bad I don't plan on getting a 3DS any time soon, as I'm going to be spending enough money on Wii U + controllers + games. But who knows, if they blow me away with a bunch of AAA game announcements, I may change my mind!