By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2012 Conference - E3 is Dead. Long Live Nintendo Direct!

PhantomLink said:

So what's  VGChartz general opinion about NSMB U?

I'm cautiosly optimistic. Maybe I'll be able to get certain family members to play games with me by giving them command of the tablet. And the flying squirrel suit looks cool. Plus, it's pretty looking.

Around the Network

There's a difference between making the grass as realistic as possible and having a game that looks appealing on the eyes. Also, it's much more enjoyable when the environment changes dinamically like DK.

And yes, I'm saying NSMBU's new so called art direction is terrible.

RolStoppable said:
morenoingrato said:
It's also about polish and innovation without damaging the basics.

NSMBU-2 are lazy games, they could have looked better, some slight changes could have been done, and that's it.

Paper Mario chages the whole structure of the game.

Since when do we judge the merits of Super Mario Bros. games mainly based on their graphics? Did you catch the HD virus? (Wow, nice double meaning there. I never cease to amaze myself.)

Haha! Oh you...

You never cease to amaze many people.

It's a solid 8 game, not a masterpiece.

(Yeah, my second playthrough was pretty painful, you were right on that.)

(And yeah, I was disappointed by it by different reasons than the ones I initially thought about.)

I rewatched the Nintendo 2006 E3 conference and it was so much better then this years. They should have looked at that conference and tried to imitate it as much as possible. They only demoed two games and a bunch of montages but the content and execution was perfect. I actually still felt excited watching it even though I've already seen it.

Reggie was thinner and more assertive in the way he spoke. Much better than he did this year.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
morenoingrato said:
There's a difference between making the grass as realistic as possible and having a game that looks appealing on the eyes. Also, it's much more enjoyable when the environment changes dinamically like DK.

And yes, I'm saying NSMBU's new so called art direction is terrible.

You really got infected by the HD virus.

Also, remember your crusade against Skyward Sword? How did that turn out, Mr. I hate everything?

Was he the guy saying that Skyward Sword was going to be the shortest Zelda ever?

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

pokeclaudel said:

Reggie was thinner and more assertive in the way he spoke. Much better than he did this year.

Well that's why he demo'd Wii Fit U this year. It took six years, but his body was finally ready to need a serious workout.

noname2200 said:
pokeclaudel said:

Well that's why he demo'd Wii Fit U this year. It took six years, but his body was finally ready to need a serious workout.

haha that reminds me the best momment of e3 2012 until now is reggie saying that

I relally love nsmbu worlds and backgrounds, pretty cool stuff. I think nsmb2 are kind of bland but i really prefer its fats peaced running compared to the U version. I wish they would combine these 2 aspects in one game.

RolStoppable said:

Not sure. What I do know is that he heavily criticized the artstyle of the game.

Completely off-topic but I I managed to find this http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3890756

Anyway in my opinion everything is good but the 3D models, it should've been better with 2D sprites.

The backgrounds, yoshis and the flying squirrel suit look all great, I'm particularly  interested in the level with the Boo's.