By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Leaked Bungie contract basically confirms Fall 2013 Xbox 720 release

Jay520 said:
superchunk said:
Ok so its not fake.

But I don't think it guarantees 720 in fall of 2013.

lol...this guy.

Some people just can't accept things I guess. You can show them a turd, but they won't accept that it's a turd. You can have them get close enough to smell the turd, but they still want accept that it's a turd. You can even have them touch the turd, but they STILL won't accept that it's a turd. No, it's not until the turd is right there, in their mouth, where they can taste it. Here is when they finally accept that it's a turd.

I'll see you at E3.

And then , they're like 'OMG, it is a turd! Thank god, I could've stepped on it!"

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Oh and "Bungie gets another $2.5 million if the first Destiny game achieves a score of 90 or better out of 100 on GameRankings.com, a site that summarizes reviews by game critics."

Oh wow, won't it be funny if this game gets 89.

Do not allow yourself to be blinded by fear and anger. Everything is only as it is.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dallinor said:
Why alienate a section of the market by releasing only on the 360/720 for the first game? Hasn't seemed to have worked out too well with other IP's this gen.

Not a big deal, Sony makes their own games anyway Microsoft kinda needs the help. Microsoft and Activision have been kinda close this whole gen especially when pertaining to Xbox Live. The whole purpose is to keep the 720's product more attractive to the consumer on their console. It's like with COD, Pachter calls multiplatforms like that a "Defacto-exclusive" to the Xbox because of early expansions and map packs.

sony did not make tales , journey and yakuza

i can't read the source because my employer is blocking it but from the summary above i have just one comment.

...suck it nintendo.

@Superchunk

Actually it would be a confirmation based upon the specifications that were given for the game. The important thing to note is the genre. The current hardware is dreadfully under powered in regards to this genre. Which is why the console has never seen a plethora of such titles even when the incentive is obviously there. I can say that, because there have been many ports of such games planned in the past. Yet they almost always get cancelled. It isn't that the developers didn't want to make the port. It is just that they found it technologically unfeasible.

What is confusing me is the math. You need stronger hardware to run the game. Yet you also need a install base of a certain size to be able to reach those goals. At best your going to see a forty percent software adoption rate out of early adopters, and twenty five percent would be far more doable. So six months out you need a platform that has a install base between thirteen and twenty million units. So if you have coinciding launches it would seem to be fairly difficult, and the only way to make it less so is if the platform launched much earlier then the game so as to have a bigger install base.

Around the Network

I refusing to give in until its painfully clear!!!!! I don't care what logic you throw my way!!!! ;)

d21lewis said:
NotStan said:
d21lewis said:
Jay520 said:
superchunk said:
Ok so its not fake.

But I don't think it guarantees 720 in fall of 2013.

lol...this guy.

Some people just can't accept things I guess. You can show them a turd, but they won't accept that it's a turd. You can have them get close enough to smell the turd, but they still want accept that it's a turd. You can even have them touch the turd, but they STILL won't accept that it's a turd. No, it's not until the turd is right there, in their mouth, where they can taste it. Here is when they finally accept that it's a turd.

I'll see you at E3.

I still won't accept that it's a turd until I swallow it and poop it out.  Only then can I be 100% sure.  That's just me, though.  I have a questioning attitude.

Questionable spelling and fetishes too it seems

It's a d21 trademark!

BTW, what did I misspell?

More of a mistype, there were like 3 t's in there somewhere, obviously ninja edited it before I could quote. Ninja indeed.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

ZaneWane said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dallinor said:
Why alienate a section of the market by releasing only on the 360/720 for the first game? Hasn't seemed to have worked out too well with other IP's this gen.

Not a big deal, Sony makes their own games anyway Microsoft kinda needs the help. Microsoft and Activision have been kinda close this whole gen especially when pertaining to Xbox Live. The whole purpose is to keep the 720's product more attractive to the consumer on their console. It's like with COD, Pachter calls multiplatforms like that a "Defacto-exclusive" to the Xbox because of early expansions and map packs.

sony did not make tales , journey and yakuza

They didn't make tales and Yakuza but Sony Santamonica helped develop Journey and so is the next PSN hit that everyone expects to be big as well in Unfinished Swan. It was partially in house developed. Sony Santamonica has been the most overly utilized developer under Sony this whole gen. Just like Nintendo Sony is primarily self sufficient. Microsoft isn't.

Dallinor said:

You mean Mass Effect? That's a WRPG in PS3 owners eyes and therefore crap because it's not designed by a Japanse person with game sensibilites and ideas that are rooted in the 90s.

I kid, but somewhat true.

Sounds like MS is in no hurry to stop making 360 games after the 720 comes out. I like this. What I never like is timed exclusive games, but at least MS cannot lie about this one being a timed exclusive like they did with so many others earlier in the gen. Will be excited if this new IP is at MS's E3!