By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - My Diablo III first impressions

Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:

Switched to a decent crossbow and turned on Sharpshooter as Passive skill last night, I'm now at around 11.000 DPS!

Finished nightmare last night, Diablo wasn't so bad but I died about a dozen times in the last half of Act IV, the difficulty took an incredible turn for the worse. I actually ran into a group of Elites that were practically immortal, there was no way to defeat them. They were a group of Corrupted Angels, Fast, Vampiric and attacking while I had both the Templar and Tyrael in the party. Had only 36.000 HP or so each but they munched on Tyrael and the Templar for ten seconds and their HP was back to full. Managed to get one down to around 3000 HP but the HP bar shot right up again as I vaulted away to heal and he attacked Tyrael.
The followers deal so little damage that it really has no effect.

On a very positive note; the auction house has become a lot more reasonable in terms of pricing.

Edit; and we're back to Error 3003. This is beyond stupid. Blizzard, get your shit together! I want to be able to play single player in the game that I own and have paid full price for!

11K DPS??? And me thinking that 1.9K DPS was decent for nightmare XD. Then again, the WD Firebomb is seriously OP .

I'm up to 14.3k DPS now... Demon Hunter packs a punch! But I see weapons in the AH with up to 1300 DPS, which is more than triple my weapon's damage output. People are critting around the 200k mark with Inferno gear.

We killed Leoric on Hell, he had 1.33 million HP.

how many people were in the group?

We were only two. He wasn't really that dangerous though, with Dodge and Vault his attacks are useless and the mobes he spawns are weak and serve only to heal you. I think the greatest main story challenge thus far for us has been the first boss on Act IV on Nightmare, he is surrounded by an endless horde of weak mobs, they cause quite a bit of damage, move quickly and prevent him from being hit. Got him with piercing attacks through his minions after a while. Diablo was fairly easy on Nightmare though.

So far, the story bosses in Hell are weaksauce, the only real challenge is Elites and boss groups in the world, some of them are truly badass. (Jailer + Mortar is always fun).

So that'll leave Leoric at about 1M Hell Solo. Not bad given the right DPS. 

Jailer + Mortar is obnoxious, but nothing is worse than Vampiric and Plague. They're almost immortal with that combo, especially since WD relies on minions for aggro >_<.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:

Switched to a decent crossbow and turned on Sharpshooter as Passive skill last night, I'm now at around 11.000 DPS!

Finished nightmare last night, Diablo wasn't so bad but I died about a dozen times in the last half of Act IV, the difficulty took an incredible turn for the worse. I actually ran into a group of Elites that were practically immortal, there was no way to defeat them. They were a group of Corrupted Angels, Fast, Vampiric and attacking while I had both the Templar and Tyrael in the party. Had only 36.000 HP or so each but they munched on Tyrael and the Templar for ten seconds and their HP was back to full. Managed to get one down to around 3000 HP but the HP bar shot right up again as I vaulted away to heal and he attacked Tyrael.
The followers deal so little damage that it really has no effect.

On a very positive note; the auction house has become a lot more reasonable in terms of pricing.

Edit; and we're back to Error 3003. This is beyond stupid. Blizzard, get your shit together! I want to be able to play single player in the game that I own and have paid full price for!

11K DPS??? And me thinking that 1.9K DPS was decent for nightmare XD. Then again, the WD Firebomb is seriously OP .

I'm up to 14.3k DPS now... Demon Hunter packs a punch! But I see weapons in the AH with up to 1300 DPS, which is more than triple my weapon's damage output. People are critting around the 200k mark with Inferno gear.

We killed Leoric on Hell, he had 1.33 million HP.

how many people were in the group?

We were only two. He wasn't really that dangerous though, with Dodge and Vault his attacks are useless and the mobes he spawns are weak and serve only to heal you. I think the greatest main story challenge thus far for us has been the first boss on Act IV on Nightmare, he is surrounded by an endless horde of weak mobs, they cause quite a bit of damage, move quickly and prevent him from being hit. Got him with piercing attacks through his minions after a while. Diablo was fairly easy on Nightmare though.

So far, the story bosses in Hell are weaksauce, the only real challenge is Elites and boss groups in the world, some of them are truly badass. (Jailer + Mortar is always fun).

what built are you using ?

Simple Devouring Arrow plus Poison Rune Rapid Fire. Caltrops with damage and Vault with Stun for getaways. Rain of Vengeance with Stampede for extra getaway and damage potential. And I'm using the Bat companion to nearly double Hatred regeneration. My max DPS now is around 17.500 and I crit with practically every other shot, some of them do in excess of 30.000 damage against weaker mobs.

I have low HP though so I'm dying quite a bit when we're playing now (I have around 12k HP now, my friend has 21k). Regular mobs are a cakewalk but elites and boss groups are incredibly tough at times.

I'm not sure I'd say that D3 is harder than D2 though, especially not pre-1.10.

^^lestatdark; yeah, Vampiric is probably one of the worst ones, especially if you're summoning or using followers. Shielded can also be a pain, we met one boss that permanently shielded his minions, the minions had low health but the boss had 3-400k and lots of DR, took us a few minutes to finish them off. We usually split the groups in those encounters, I aggro the minions and vault around while he kills the boss. We finally have to deploy tactics, which is refreshing for someone who likes a challenge.

I still feel that all the post-mortem one-hit kill abilities are silly though. Feels a little cheap at times. I can't imagine how much pain a melee character will have to endure on Hell with all the mobs exploding, freezing, lazering, bursting etc on death.

Let me just put this here.

It's funny when your biggest enemy on Nightmare is the Latency and not the enemies . Fighting Diablo with 800 ms latency FTW!

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I can't speak for the EU, but the Americas servers have been running well since Wednesday. A few occasional (maybe once a day) hiccup in latency. I played for ~30 hours or so over the weekend (Friday + Sat + Sun) and I had like 3 lag spikes.

Around the Network

Alright, so my brother and I both bought the game and we're having an extremely fun time with it. We did get kicked from our session from some error twice throughout the weekend (forgot what error number it was) but we only lost ~10 minutes of progress.

While I'm having a blast with my brother, I highly doubt the game would be half as fun playing alone. I feel like our enjoyment and laughter comes from the co-op aspects.

Accounts are getting hacked, just warning players:

Eurogamer has received multiple reports of Diablo 3 accounts being hacked.
[...]
The reports coincided with the EU Diablo 3 servers going offline on Sunday afternoon for around four hours, preventing players from logging in (error 33). It has been suggested that the EU servers were taken offline following a SQL injection attack, but this remains unconfirmed.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474937

Lostplanet22 said:
Accounts are getting hacked, just warning players:

Eurogamer has received multiple reports of Diablo 3 accounts being hacked.
[...]
The reports coincided with the EU Diablo 3 servers going offline on Sunday afternoon for around four hours, preventing players from logging in (error 33). It has been suggested that the EU servers were taken offline following a SQL injection attack, but this remains unconfirmed.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474937

Would not surprise me, hacking a D3 account could potentially be worthwhile the the real money auction house arrives withing a few days.

Talking to my brother

Me: "I keep looking at Diablo and wishing I could play it so badly. FML first world problems.."

Brother: "This isn't a first world problem. This is a world problem."

xD

wfz said:

Talking to my brother

Me: "I keep looking at Diablo and wishing I could play it so badly. FML first world problems.."

Brother: "This isn't a first world problem. This is a world problem."

xD

Truer words have never been spoken!