By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - My Diablo III first impressions

So, I've just facerolled Belial on Inferno with my Barb, this just goes to show how much imbalanced the bosses are in contrast with the elites/champion mobs.

A shame that my resists are pretty shitty for Act III, guess I'll have to farm it a bit more with my DH before trying to tackle it properly with my Barb.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
So, I've just facerolled Belial on Inferno with my Barb, this just goes to show how much imbalanced the bosses are in contrast with the elites/champion mobs.

A shame that my resists are pretty shitty for Act III, guess I'll have to farm it a bit more with my DH before trying to tackle it properly with my Barb.

Yeah, the Act bosses are a real joke in this game.

Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:

Yeah, the Act bosses are a real joke in this game.

Well, Belial is a major pain for a solo DH, but that's because of the initial two phases were the Nagas faceroll you .

But I agree, there's no comparison between the difficulty of most of the elite mobs and the bosses.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Great, the "balancing" 1.0.3 patch has nerfed my damage by 8k DPS and has apparently made the mobs about four times tougher to kill even though their damage output is severely decreased. Basically, since it takes forever to kill one serpent, my DH now stand even less of a chance to kill Belial...

What's the point of making them deal a lot less damage so you won't die fast when you take a lot longer to kill them, effectively rendering the whole thing useless by forcing you to kite even standard mobs to stay alive?

Wow.

Mummelmann said:
Great, the "balancing" 1.0.3 patch has nerfed my damage by 8k DPS and has apparently made the mobs about four times tougher to kill even though their damage output is severely decreased. Basically, since it takes forever to kill one serpent, my DH now stand even less of a chance to kill Belial...

What's the point of making them deal a lot less damage so you won't die fast when you take a lot longer to kill them, effectively rendering the whole thing useless by forcing you to kite even standard mobs to stay alive?

Wow.

They want you to go full Glass Cannon in order to be a viable Demon Hunter. The IAS nerf didn't affect me much, but the complete butchering of the usefulness of Nether Tentacles was like a major kick in the groin for DH users. 

Now there's not a single major damage dealer spec (I'm going to go back to channeling Rapid Fire, for all the good that can do), but it still blows. 

My Barb on the other hand is on paradise. I can now tank enemies on Act III effortleslly, though I won't touch her again until they fix the durability consumption when dealing or receving damage, because as it stands now, each "hit" that I do on any enemy/vase/thing, costs me over 100g >_>.  It sucks having a 50K repair bill after fighting half a dozen elites and never dying once, just because durability goes down faster than you can say "FU BLIZZ".

Current PC Build

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

Wow.

In my experience ( and I have played a lot since the patch) mobs dies faster since the patch but I guess it all depends how much dps you lost.

I had 31k dps before the patch on the Wiz and now I have 29.5k and stuff does die faster...

Sadly I had to sacrifice some hp to retain so much dps and I am down to 22.5k hp ( resists are still in the 600 so I can take a few hits).

Right now I am alternating between playing Act 2 with he the Wiz and Act 1 with the barb. I really wish I could do Act 3 as I like that a lot better and there are a lot less areas that are wiz unfriendly in that Act....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Well, my damned account got hacked and I lost 120k gold. Not a ton, but still something.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

On a more related note, I'm up to lvl 59, have beat the game in Hell (my level 60 buddies just flew me threw it because they really want me caught up). I'm getting behind on quite a bit of stuff, but they gave me a bunch of level 60 gear so I will be fine.

Baalzamon said:
On a more related note, I'm up to lvl 59, have beat the game in Hell (my level 60 buddies just flew me threw it because they really want me caught up). I'm getting behind on quite a bit of stuff, but they gave me a bunch of level 60 gear so I will be fine.

Don't go into Inferno with lvl 60 gear if you don't have at least 100k gold or more. The repair costs from wear alone will make you go poor if you do.

Current PC Build

Well, Blizzard will be returning my account to its previous state, so that should give me a solid 120k gold.