By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Execution of an innocent man

there are plenty of cases where the killer is absolutely known and the death penalty can be administered without any possibility of mistakes.

anders breivik is an example of such a case.
or there was a man on a bus in canada a couple years back. he beheaded a fellow passenger and ate parts of his body.

sometimes there is absolutely no question about who committed the crimes.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

yes, much as Galileo was excommunicated as it was "absolutely known" that the sun went round the Earth. Oops. It was also "absolutely known" that this poor sap killed his mother. Except oops, turns out he didn't. Sorry for murdering you, innocent dude.

MrBubbles said:

there are plenty of cases where the killer is absolutely known and the death penalty can be administered without any possibility of mistakes.

or there was a man on a bus in canada a couple years back. he beheaded a fellow passenger and ate parts of his body.

So do you only support the death penalty for those few small cases beyond reasonable doubt like Breivik, or do you think it's fine the way it is?

Why blame Death Penalty when the whole thing points to shoddy police work and the justice system?

I don't see how this is against the death penalty. This is anti-shitty-police if more than anything. The death penalty is fine, it's the investigation that is not.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:
MrBubbles said:

So do you only support the death penalty for those few small cases beyond reasonable doubt like Breivik, or do you think it's fine the way it is?

I'm from Canada and we dont have the death penalty.  I believe that murderers deserve to die...every single one of them.  I see that as the real fulfillment of justice for the crimes. 

Sadly, that cant always happen becasuse of our failings as humans manifesting in the justice system and police departments.  But, some cases are so evident as to provide no doubt as to the killer, in which cases such people can be "safely" executed without any chance an innocent has been wrongfully deprived of their life. 

The United States system currently is very flawed in dealing with their cases.  Too many problems come up and it takes far too long to carry out the sentence.  A system to deal with executions could be crafted to make it more fair to the accused and society, but that seems to be far more work than anyone wants to put into it.

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:

The United States system currently is very flawed in dealing with their cases.  Too many problems come up and it takes far too long to carry out the sentence.  A system to deal with executions could be crafted to make it more fair to the accused and society, but that seems to be far more work than anyone wants to put into it.

You're from Canada and you're complaining about the American justice system? lol. 

hollabackenny said:
MrBubbles said:

You're from Canada and you're complaining about the American justice system? lol. 

do you have a point or did you just wish to share some of your ignorance?

MrBubbles said:
hollabackenny said:
MrBubbles said:

do you have a point or did you just wish to share some of your ignorance?

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/article/1148989--graham-james-to-be-sentenced-in-winnipeg-for-molesting-two-of-his-players 

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090224/BC_murray_murder_sentence_090224?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

Also, I URGE you to watch 'Dear Zachary'. Please, before responding. Then we'll talk about "too many problems coming up" and how long it takes to carry out a sentance.

It's very sad that an innocent man was executed but it's even more sad that most Western societies are so kind and forgiving towards criminals.