By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales May 7 - May 13 (Doom Week)

damn vita....

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

ugh to all the numbers but especially the vita. such a shame, the system is really good but at this rate support will dry up within a year.

All HW looks terrible except for 3DS, which looks decent. OMG Vita.

Hopefully everything will go to pre-Golden Week numbers soon.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Any reason why the DS is practically dead in Japan with consumers moving to the fast growing 3DS, but not in US/Europe?

I mean I know the Japanese get the best deal with the 3DS at the moment but it is such a significant difference, 3DS is x35~40 the DS sales in JP but in the US it wasn't even x2 the DS sales.

What gives?

Personna 4 The Golden have already more than doubled pre-orders for the PS2 version of Persona 3.

http://andriasang.com/con11k/p4_golden_orders/

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Vita needs persona to kick start it but what it desperately needs is a big (FF, KH, MH etc.) title for the holidays.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Who would have thought that such a responsibility would be put on Persona.

I think it will do very well, and contrary to history, have some, even if not great, legs. This game will be the game to get when buying a Vita. Or better, it better be, because no way people will do this for the other two "big" games - Gundam and Hatsune Miku - those are big but very specific 1 week games.

Sal.Paradise said:

Any reason why the DS is practically dead in Japan with consumers moving to the fast growing 3DS, but not in US/Europe?

I mean I know the Japanese get the best deal with the 3DS at the moment but it is such a significant difference, 3DS is x35~40 the DS sales in JP but in the US it wasn't even x2 the DS sales.

What gives?

apple.

I don't know what you see in the UK but i've gone from seeing every kid with a gaming system in public playing a DS to now a ~60/40 split in favor of iTouch/IPad.

kowenicki said:
kitler53 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

What gives?

apple.

I don't know what you see in the UK but i've gone from seeing every kid with a gaming system in public playing a DS to now a ~60/40 split in favor of iTouch/IPad.

yep.

and kids want an ipod touch or an ipad fro christmas not a handheld... xmas 2012 will be even more massive for ipads.

you know it.  i know it.  ~3 others on this site know it.  but it will take the complete bankrupcy of sony for and a massive GenOverGen contraction for nintendo before anyone else accepts the trends.  oh the power of wishful thinking...  i might be a fanboy but that doesn't make me stupid.

kowenicki said:
kitler53 said:
kowenicki said:
kitler53 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

What gives?

apple.

yep.

and kids want an ipod touch or an ipad fro christmas not a handheld... xmas 2012 will be even more massive for ipads.

you know it.  i know it.  ~3 others on this site know it.  but it will take the complete bankrupcy of sony for and a massive GenOverGen contraction for nintendo before anyone else accepts the trends.  oh the power of wishful thinking...  i might be a fanboy but that doesn't make me stupid.

I dont understand why people cant see what is happening around them and in front of their very eyes...  When PS2 and Wii were all the rage (especiialy at xmas time) it was obvious to everyone... its the same with ipads now.  They are the must have next and current big thing.  the iPad will wipe ther floor with everything this xmas.

iDevice sales numbers are just intimidating. The success of Apple is unbeleivable, especially for such expensive products. They've made history....