By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New trailer of The Last of Us - my jaw dropped - Most beautiful game ever made

Jay520 said:
NintendoPie has never even spoken to a girl.

Actually, unlike you, I speak to a crapload of girls everyday and a lot of them have crushes on me.

BEAT THAT!!

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Jay520 said:

Actually, unlike you, I speak to a crapload of girls everyday and a lot of them have crushes on me.

BEAT THAT!!

Your mom and your sisters don't count NintendoPie.

b2t perverts^^

what do you guys think will they release this year?

Boutros said:

Your mom and your sisters don't count NintendoPie.

I wasn't including them.

I know you guys are trying to downplay me but come on! It won't work!!

Gamer_of_the_Year said:

1) LOL! If you don't see what the big deal is...fine, that's YOUR opinion. But you're in the minority I promise you. Being a fan of Naughty Dog's for years and seeing them gradually progress from a company making GREAT but cartoonish platformers that are RATED E for their entire Playstation existence....which has been a great existence for them and now seeing them leap from Uncharted which revolutionized video game graphics and presentation to a now fully fledge mature experience in nothing short of an EVENT for any Naughty Dog, Sony, or GREAT GAME fan.

2) It has ELEMENTS of horror but ND has said the main focus is on emotion and character (Ellie and Joel) and not the horror. I am Legend the movie isn't Rated R it's PG-13 (the virtual equivalent to Rated T) and have you ever heard of Plants vs Zombies lol....there's a zombie game not Rated M.

3). Again, you missed the point. I'm not saying it's Rated M because of it's themes. But since THIS IS Naughty Dog and they have proven to be story and character driven game makers, the fact that it's Rated M gives them a limitless canvas to explore all sorts of things you couldn't in a Rated T experience in more graphic, real, and intense ways. How you don't understand that is BEYOND! me....haha

4) Duh...lol 

1) "seeing them leap from Uncharted which revolutionized video game graphics and presentation to a now fully fledge mature experience is nothing short of an EVENT..." I'm wondering what you mean by "mature" in this sentence -- are you referring specifically to the game's ESRB rating, or more generally to the tone and themes of the game? If it's the latter, then I disagree because Uncharted was just such a mature experience, so Naughty Dog isn't "leaping" anywhere; they're continuing to provide excellent, "mature" gaming experiences. If you meant the former, then I disagree on the grounds that an M-rated game is no more noteworthy (or eventful) than a T- or E-rated game.

You still sound like you think the rating is indicative of the thematic maturity of the game. I can guess from what we've seen of The Last of Us that it probably WILL be more character-driven, more "mature" than Naughty Dog's previous games -- but this has nothing to do with the rating. The ONLY thing you can glean from the game's rating is how detailed the violence and how pervasive the profanity will be. There are many E-rated games that are very thematically mature, just as there are many M-rated games that are anything but. In short, learning the rating told me absolutely nothing about this game that I didn't already know just by watching a couple of trailers.

Maybe you feel that the reason Naughty Dog wasn't making quite so thematically mature games in the past was because they were restricted by their E-rating. This is incorrect. It is fully possible to create a mature experience in an E-rated game. If Naughty Dog did not do so, they either did not intend to or they did no know how to.

2) Plants vs Zombies is not a horror game. It's basically a tower defense game. I Am Legend isn't a horror game, either. It's a movie. Also take note that I said practically a given.

3) "the fact that it's Rated M gives them a limitless canvas to explore all sorts of things you couldn't in a Rated T experience..." At the risk of sounding like a Nintendo fanboy here in this Sony thread, you need to play Majora's Mask.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
NintendoPie said:
Millenium said:
Oh NinPie, tell us more of how you charmed this girl! I find this.. interesting. Us older men have to use candy and gifts to lure 12-14 years olds, but you youngsters have different ways I believe.

No need to lure them.  

Hot looks talk by themselves.

pics or you're full of shit

I'm only 13. I can't post pics!

This is Ninpie

NintendoPie said:
Jay520 said:

BEAT THAT!!

.........Till they run out of battery

pezus said:
Come on guys, he's wearing a suit! Bitches love suits

PullusPardus said:
pezus said:
Come on guys, he's wearing a suit! Bitches love suits

Ew! I hate that meme! Get dat 'outta here!!!

the_dengle said:
Gamer_of_the_Year said:

1) LOL! If you don't see what the big deal is...fine, that's YOUR opinion. But you're in the minority I promise you. Being a fan of Naughty Dog's for years and seeing them gradually progress from a company making GREAT but cartoonish platformers that are RATED E for their entire Playstation existence....which has been a great existence for them and now seeing them leap from Uncharted which revolutionized video game graphics and presentation to a now fully fledge mature experience in nothing short of an EVENT for any Naughty Dog, Sony, or GREAT GAME fan.

2) It has ELEMENTS of horror but ND has said the main focus is on emotion and character (Ellie and Joel) and not the horror. I am Legend the movie isn't Rated R it's PG-13 (the virtual equivalent to Rated T) and have you ever heard of Plants vs Zombies lol....there's a zombie game not Rated M.

3). Again, you missed the point. I'm not saying it's Rated M because of it's themes. But since THIS IS Naughty Dog and they have proven to be story and character driven game makers, the fact that it's Rated M gives them a limitless canvas to explore all sorts of things you couldn't in a Rated T experience in more graphic, real, and intense ways. How you don't understand that is BEYOND! me....haha

4) Duh...lol 

1) "seeing them leap from Uncharted which revolutionized video game graphics and presentation to a now fully fledge mature experience is nothing short of an EVENT..." I'm wondering what you mean by "mature" in this sentence -- are you referring specifically to the game's ESRB rating, or more generally to the tone and themes of the game? If it's the latter, then I disagree because Uncharted was just such a mature experience, so Naughty Dog isn't "leaping" anywhere; they're continuing to provide excellent, "mature" gaming experiences. If you meant the former, then I disagree on the grounds that an M-rated game is no more noteworthy (or eventful) than a T- or E-rated game.

You still sound like you think the rating is indicative of the thematic maturity of the game. I can guess from what we've seen of The Last of Us that it probably WILL be more character-driven, more "mature" than Naughty Dog's previous games -- but this has nothing to do with the rating. The ONLY thing you can glean from the game's rating is how detailed the violence and how pervasive the profanity will be. There are many E-rated games that are very thematically mature, just as there are many M-rated games that are anything but. In short, learning the rating told me absolutely nothing about this game that I didn't already know just by watching a couple of trailers.

Maybe you feel that the reason Naughty Dog wasn't making quite so thematically mature games in the past was because they were restricted by their E-rating. This is incorrect. It is fully possible to create a mature experience in an E-rated game. If Naughty Dog did not do so, they either did not intend to or they did no know how to.

2) Plants vs Zombies is not a horror game. It's basically a tower defense game. I Am Legend isn't a horror game, either. It's a movie. Also take note that I said practically a given.

3) "the fact that it's Rated M gives them a limitless canvas to explore all sorts of things you couldn't in a Rated T experience..." At the risk of sounding like a Nintendo fanboy here in this Sony thread, you need to play Majora's Mask.

How the hell do you know Uncharted is just as mature an experience as The Last of Us when it hasn't even been complete or released yet? lol

Um, duh I know I Am Legend is a movie Captain Obvious. But it's clearly a huge influence on this game and in the same vein. That was said to say a zombie story could be told without being graphic enough to warrant a R or M rating. I see you play devil's advocate in your sleep, eh? You're making no valid points.

This game will be Naughty Dog's most mature effort to date. Even the DEVS say it...who are YOU? lol