By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: NSMB2 will outsell the top 10 PSV games shown off at E3 2012 combined

Will this prediction become true?

Yes, definitely. 244 53.39%

Probably. 103 22.54%

Maybe. Maybe not. 42 9.19%

Unlikely. 33 7.22%

Impossible. 35 7.66%

Total:457
Flanneryaug said:
Gilgamesh said:

Fine, I'll post...

It's hard to pick a top 3 there's to many unpredictable games. But for sure a top 3 in that list in the OP will outsell NSMB2. Here are some of my thoughts, going through the list it looks like CoD, Allstars, and Fifa should be the top three. Could do up to 15 million, a number NSMB2 won't hit unless it's bundled, then it has a chance.

• Assassin's Creed III: Liberation - 2.5m
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified - 6 - 8m
  • FIFA 13 - 4m
  • Gravity Rush - 2m
  • Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - 2m
  • LittleBigPlanet 2.5m 
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - 2m
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted - 1m
  • Persona 4: The Golden - 2.5m
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - 3m
That's another thing are you counting bundles if its bundled?

There is no way that these games will sell this much. Uncharted: Golden Abyss only sold 0.58 million copies. I'd be surprised if any of these games got past one million unless there is a price cut.

Am I missing some info here? Is there a time limit or are we looking at Life time sales, Uncharted GA is going to sell over 3 million once hardware sales kick in.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Gilgamesh said:
That's another thing are you counting bundles if its bundled?

Yes, sales from temporary (say holiday season) and choice bundles (there's the option to buy the system without the game) will count. Assassin's Creed III: Liberation is already confirmed to get bundled and looking at the list of PSV games it's bound to be among the top 10 selling ones with or without bundles.

Fair enough 

Gilgamesh said:
Flanneryaug said:

There is no way that these games will sell this much. Uncharted: Golden Abyss only sold 0.58 million copies. I'd be surprised if any of these games got past one million unless there is a price cut.

Am I missing some info here? Is there a time limit or are we looking at Life time sales, Uncharted GA is going to sell over 3 million once hardware sales kick in.

I will bet you avatar and sig control for a year that Uncharted: Golden Abyss will not pass up 2 million sales by the end of 2013.

Khuutra said:
Gilgamesh said:
Flanneryaug said:

I will bet you avatar and sig control for a year that Uncharted: Golden Abyss will not pass up 2 million sales by the end of 2013.

One month of sig control and 1.75 million by the end of 2013 and I'll take that bet.

Khuutra said:
Gilgamesh said:
Flanneryaug said:

My gut thinks it can but I can't get rid of my sig and avatar, they're irreplaceable, who'll do the avatar of the week :O

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Khuutra said:
Gilgamesh said:
Flanneryaug said:

One month of sig control and 1.75 million by the end of 2013 and I'll take that bet.

A year of both and 2 million, flat. That's the bet.

Khuutra said:
brendude13 said:
Khuutra said:

It'll be a close one I reckon, I love my avatar though, I can't take that bet.

brendude13 said:
Khuutra said:

Fine. 1.75 million, November 31st of 2013.

One year of control, avatar and sig.

Khuutra said:
brendude13 said:
Khuutra said:

Still too close, even if you said 1m I couldn't take the risk.

brendude13 said:
Khuutra said:
brendude13 said:
Khuutra said:

Still too close, even if you said 1m I couldn't take the risk.

Did some research since two posts ago eh?