By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: NSMB2 will outsell the top 10 PSV games shown off at E3 2012 combined

Will this prediction become true?

Yes, definitely. 244 53.39%

Probably. 103 22.54%

Maybe. Maybe not. 42 9.19%

Unlikely. 33 7.22%

Impossible. 35 7.66%

Total:457
Jay520 said:
logic56 said:

1.) New Super Mario bros wii sold  over 25 million units more than the top 5 ps3 exclusives games combined  and it meant absolutely fuck all so why the hell would this be any different? other than a bunch of Nintendo fans trying their hardest to feel important

2.) thread translation "see we are can sell lots o gamez though, guys.....guys"

3.) and they are about as much competitors with each other as the PS3 is to the wii, remember that console?? the one Nintendo fans want people to believe/care was the market leader this gen, I know I hardly remember it either, but if memory serves me right it sold over 30 million units more than ps3 with it's top 10 games that probable sold more than the top 50 ps3 games, and on a scale of zero to no one guess how much it mattered?

1.) That's a very bad comparison. For one, he said 10 games, not 5. That's double the difference. Secondly, the PS3's best selling games are NOT exclusives, so by you including only exclusives, you are leaving out the PS3's biggest sellers. Rol is talking about the PSV's best sellers, period, not just exclusives. So now go do your comparison again with ten (not five) of the PS3's best sellers (not best selling exclusives).

2.) I'm not sure what you mean here. This is a sales website, so it's only natural that there will be topics about sales.

3.) Yes, the 3DS & Vita are direct competitors. The 3DS appeals to casual gamers, but it appeals to hardcore gamers, the Vita's target demographic.

I deleted the rest of your post because you really started to dwell off into irrelevancy.

1.) and it would still mean NOTHING, that's the point

2.) I never commented on that, in fact I agreed with him if anyone is capable of reading on this site, my post simply highlighted the fact that it doesn't matter, like how Poland Spring sells more water than Movado sells watches

3.) yeah hardcore gamers who are totally gonna be the people buying all those Mario games

Around the Network

I don't know who Rol is trying to mock, Playstation fans because their games never sell or Nintendo fans because they're so loyal and predictable.

We'll see at E3, it depends if third parties will keep their promises or not, Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed on PSV could shift a lot of units, but only if it is done right.

DanneSandin said:
logic56 said:

New Super Mario bros wii sold  over 25 million units more than the top 5 ps3 exclusives games combined  and it meant absolutely fuck all so why the hell would this be any different? other than a bunch of Nintendo fans trying their hardest to feel important

thread translation "see we are can sell lots o gamez though, guys.....guys"

and they are about as much competitors with each other as the PS3 is to the wii, remember that console?? the one Nintendo fans want people to believe/care was the market leader this gen, I know I hardly remember it either, but if memory serves me right it sold over 30 million units more than ps3 with it's top 10 games that probable sold more than the top 50 ps3 games, and on a scale of zero to no one guess how much it mattered?

it's cute though and really sad especially considering it will be the same game they've been making since forever

lol watch this, hey everyone here who currently owns NSMB for the DS, quickly, play it in your 3DS....you are now playing NSMB2....

that's my secret for not caring about Nintendo games, I just play the old ones lol

The only sad part here is the Vita sales, and that's why Rol is so certain that the top 10 games shown on e3 this year won't rival the sales of NSMB2...

And why is it sad that Nintendo keeps making a game (forever) that people truly enjoy? Isn't it more sad that Activision dishes out the same game EVERY year? Before NSMB came out in 2006 (or whatever when) there hadn't been a 2d mario for 15 years... And since then we've only gotten 1 more game in the same series... And then you got Sonys top selling 1st party series Uncharted and GoW... The seem to released every second or third year - and that's a hell of alot more frequent than 2D mario...

Take your trolling elsewhere

so your mad I agreed with him, poor you

superchunk said:
Fusioncode said:
Prediction: Nintendo fanboys will continue to buy rehashed crap like NSMB2 rather than new and innovative games such as Gravity Rush.

lol, this coming from the guy with a Resident Evil avatar and Mortal Kombat sig.

Resident Evil is one of the few franchises able to completely change and innovate.

Anyways. let me rephrase my post.

Games like NSMB2 sell extremely because people like playing the same games over and over again. It will sell 25 million easy and it required almost no thought or effort from Nintendo. It doesn't change or innovate yet people will still buy it in droves. On the other hand, Gravity looks to be fresh innovate probably what sell 2 million in it's lifetime. Just makes me sad is all.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
superchunk said:
Fusioncode said:
Prediction: Nintendo fanboys will continue to buy rehashed crap like NSMB2 rather than new and innovative games such as Gravity Rush.

lol, this coming from the guy with a Resident Evil avatar and Mortal Kombat sig.

Resident Evil is one of the few franchises able to completely change and innovate.

Games like NSMB2 sell extremely because people like playing the same games over and over again. It will sell 25 million easy and it required almost no thought or effort from Nintendo. It doesn't change or innovate yet people will still buy it in droves. On the other hand, Gravity looks to be fresh innovate probably what sell 2 million in it's lifetime. Just makes me sad is all.

Probably got warned for that post, you should learn to behave

Around the Network

Well, look you at you being all dangerous. Such a high risk prediction.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

logic56 said:
Jay520 said:
logic56 said:

1.) New Super Mario bros wii sold  over 25 million units more than the top 5 ps3 exclusives games combined  and it meant absolutely fuck all so why the hell would this be any different? other than a bunch of Nintendo fans trying their hardest to feel important

2.) thread translation "see we are can sell lots o gamez though, guys.....guys"

3.) and they are about as much competitors with each other as the PS3 is to the wii, remember that console?? the one Nintendo fans want people to believe/care was the market leader this gen, I know I hardly remember it either, but if memory serves me right it sold over 30 million units more than ps3 with it's top 10 games that probable sold more than the top 50 ps3 games, and on a scale of zero to no one guess how much it mattered?

1.) That's a very bad comparison. For one, he said 10 games, not 5. That's double the difference. Secondly, the PS3's best selling games are NOT exclusives, so by you including only exclusives, you are leaving out the PS3's biggest sellers. Rol is talking about the PSV's best sellers, period, not just exclusives. So now go do your comparison again with ten (not five) of the PS3's best sellers (not best selling exclusives).

2.) I'm not sure what you mean here. This is a sales website, so it's only natural that there will be topics about sales.

3.) Yes, the 3DS & Vita are direct competitors. The 3DS appeals to casual gamers, but it appeals to hardcore gamers, the Vita's target demographic.

I deleted the rest of your post because you really started to dwell off into irrelevancy.

1.) and it would still mean NOTHING, that's the point

2.) I never commented on that, in fact I agreed with him if anyone is capable of reading on this site, my post simply highlighted the fact that it doesn't matter, like how Poland Spring sells more water than Movado sells watches

3.) yeah hardcore gamers who are totally gonna be the people buying all those Mario games

1.) Yeah, it would mean that the top 10 PS3 games DID outsell NSMB. That's good. In the PSV's case, Rols making the claim that the top 10 PSV games won't outsell NSMB2. That is bad. Even the top 10 PSP titles outsold the best selling DS title, by a very big margin. So if the PSV can't do what the PSP did easily, there will be a problem.

2.) "capable of reading" huh? Lol okay. You said " thread translation 'see we are can sell lots o gamez though, guys.....guys' " . As if you were mocking the thread. If not, then sorry for misinterpreting it.

3.) I never said hardcore gamers would buy those Mario games. I didn't even imply it. You must have had a reading error, which is weird for you considering your recent comment about people having trouble reading. Anyway, a good example of a game on the 3DS that appeals to the PSV's demographic: Monster Hunter.

miz1q2w3e said:
Fusioncode said:
superchunk said:
Fusioncode said:

Probably got warned for that post, you should learn to behave

Are the VGC mods really that sensitive? Can we as a community not take a jab every once in a while?

I mean there's obvious Sony bias but it's not like that was an outrageous statement. It has some validity, minus the small insult.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
Well, look you at you being all dangerous. Such a high risk prediction.

It's sad when even PS fans think that.

Areym said:

Are the VGC mods really that sensitive? Can we as a community not take a jab every once in a while?

I mean there's obvious Sony bias but it's not like that was an outrageous statement. It has some validity, minus the small insult.

I have no idea, just a guess based on his sudden change of tone.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he was in fact warned for that post, I mean "Nintendo fanboys will continue to buy rehashed crap like NSMB2"... Need I say more?