Yes 131 38.76%

No 152 44.97%

Irrevelant, next-gen is coming 28 8.28%

see results 26 7.69%

Total:337
Sal.Paradise said:
archbrix said:
Mazty said:

Motion controls, right now, are a fad for gamers. The fact they have such high latency proves they are not made for gamers but impulsive shoppers and casual gamers.

The wii is a fad as it's not aimed for gamers. It offers nothing benefical to gaming, and therefore, is a fad. 

You're joking, right?

Do you seriously believe that people will ever want to play golf, bowling or tennis games with control sticks anymore after what the Wii remote did for these genres?  Just because you don't like the games on the Wii hardly means that it's not beneficial to gaming or not made for gamers.

Yes, I do. And many others. 

Motion gaming is great for some things but you should be aware that there are many people that dislike it or prefer standard controls. 

You might, but saying many others would not want to use motion in said genres is quite presumptuous on your part.  I'd argue that the majority certainly would, which was my point in that saying that motion is not beneficial to gaming in general is absurd, which, going by the first part of your second sentence, you concede to whether you realize it or not.

And I never once said motion was better or best suited for everything; I'm quite aware of that.

Around the Network
Mazty said:
sensebringer said:

Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros. are not core games? Barozi was right. You lack any logic.

If you think they are core games then you obviously have no idea what a core game is. Try one which isn't piss-easy.
Mario Kart has horrendous rubber banding as well as the blue shell. It's about as core as farmville. 
New Super Mario Bros is a simple platformer. It's not quite Portal or Braid is it? A game aimed for children, like NSMB is not a core game, because it has to be accessible to kids. 

Why do you feel the need to alter reality to suit your argument? Is admitting Nintendo made a console for casual gamers so dangerous that the results would be catastrophic for your life? C'mon. 

The only one that is altering the reality around here is you, and that because you are the most ilogical poster in this site.

I prove you that Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros sold before they where bundled and you just move your goal post to keep your failed point of view going. If I get a dollar for every time that I have heard someone tell you that you lack any logic I would be rich by now. When a lot of people  say something about you, you must be doing something wrong.

Mazty said:
sensebringer said:

Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros. are not core games? Barozi was right. You lack any logic.

If you think they are core games then you obviously have no idea what a core game is. Try one which isn't piss-easy.
Mario Kart has horrendous rubber banding as well as the blue shell. It's about as core as farmville. 
New Super Mario Bros is a simple platformer. It's not quite Portal or Braid is it? A game aimed for children, like NSMB is not a core game, because it has to be accessible to kids. 

Why do you feel the need to alter reality to suit your argument? Is admitting Nintendo made a console for casual gamers so dangerous that the results would be catastrophic for your life? C'mon. 

Are you saying CoD is a "core game" (whatever that means) and Mario and Mario Kart are not? If so, I'm afraid this discussion is over.

sensebringer said:
Mazty said:
sensebringer said:

The only one that is altering the reality around here is you, and that because you are the most ilogical poster in this site.

I prove you that Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros sold before they where bundled and you just move your goal post to keep your failed point of view going. If I get a dollar for every time that I have heard someone tell you that you lack any logic I would be rich by now. When a lot of people  say something about you, you must be doing something wrong.

I'm illogical because you say so? How endearing...

You proved that the Wii manages to ship casual games. Thanks I guess as that really does help show it's a console not aimed for core gamers. M point of view has always been the Wii isn't for core gamers, therefore how has my point of view failed? You said NSMB and Mario Kart are core games, I stated how they are not, and you have avoided responding to the fact they aren't core games. Smooth exit, but noted never the less. 
Is the phrase "you lack any logic" the phrase of choice around here when your argument fails? 

So mass opinion is always right? How'd that work out for Galileo? You can say I lack logic all you like, but until you actually show how that is so, it's nothing more then a juvenille ad hominem. 

Chrizum said:
Mazty said:
sensebringer said:

Are you saying CoD is a "core game" (whatever that means) and Mario and Mario Kart are not? If so, I'm afraid this discussion is over.

Because you're infallible? Okay. 
Since when was mario kart harder the CoD on veteran? How about we compare Mario Kart to Forza and Wipeout? If any of you are PC gamers I'd love to show you how CoD-esque FPS' are core games on a round of Medal of Honor. 

Around the Network
Mazty said:
Chrizum said:
Mazty said:
sensebringer said:

Since when was mario kart harder the CoD on veteran? How about we compare Mario Kart to Forza and Wipeout? If any of you are PC gamers I'd love to show you how CoD-esque FPS' are core games on a round of Medal of Honor. 

Earlier in the discussion your argument was that Mario and Mario Kart looked like they sold well on first sight, but they don't count because they were bundled. Now you've been handed the facts that both sold over 20 million without bundles and suddenly they don't count whatsoever because they are easier than Call of Duty on veteran.

Now for the million dollar question: you can't be serious, surely?

Nintendos weakest console game library for a platform that relies on a gimmick (excluding the Virtual Boy), yet it's their best selling console, and sales after 4 years have plummeted. Falls very closely in line with the definition of fad.
I much prefer the Wii Us gimmick of being able to play my videogames anywhere in the house on that tablet as its practical, but I'm pretty sure it won't sell as much as the Wii.

Mazty said:
sensebringer said:
Mazty said:
sensebringer said:

I'm illogical because you say so? How endearing...

You proved that the Wii manages to ship casual games. Thanks I guess as that really does help show it's a console not aimed for core gamers. M point of view has always been the Wii isn't for core gamers, therefore how has my point of view failed? You said NSMB and Mario Kart are core games, I stated how they are not, and you have avoided responding to the fact they aren't core games. Smooth exit, but noted never the less. 
Is the phrase "you lack any logic" the phrase of choice around here when your argument fails? 

So mass opinion is always right? How'd that work out for Galileo? You can say I lack logic all you like, but until you actually show how that is so, it's nothing more then a juvenille ad hominem. 

Yes it is used when YOUR argument fails. Lol. Thanks for answer that for yourself. The only way you would know a core game is if it bite you in the ass. Call of Duty is the game that is the measuring stick of all games...

Now we all now when you started to play videogames. Grow up.

Soriku said:
Panama said:
Nintendos weakest console game library for a platform that relies on a gimmick (excluding the Virtual Boy), yet it's their best selling console, and sales after 4 years have plummeted. Falls very closely in line with the definition of fad.
I much prefer the Wii Us gimmick of being able to play my videogames anywhere in the house on that tablet as its practical, but I'm pretty sure it won't sell as much as the Wii.

The definition of a fad is a short-lived craze. It's their best selling console and its decline has been consistent with the normal lifespan of the average console...how is it a fad again? At this point in its life you can't even say it has a weak library either, and there's many quality games on it that don't even require motion controls.

I'm well aware of what a fad is.  If the Wii can sell as well as the PS2 currently is more than 10 years into its lifecycle i'll revoke my statement.

Chrizum said:
Mazty said:
Chrizum said:
Mazty said:
sensebringer said:

Earlier in the discussion your argument was that Mario and Mario Kart looked like they sold well on first sight, but they don't count because they were bundled. Now you've been handed the facts that both sold over 20 million without bundles and suddenly they don't count whatsoever because they are easier than Call of Duty on veteran.

Now for the million dollar question: you can't be serious, surely?

I concede that when I mentioned them I forgot they aren't core games. Please accept my sincerest apologies for messing that part up. And it's not that they aren't harder then CoD on veteran; they are both incredibly easy. They're childrens games.