Yes 131 38.76%

No 152 44.97%

Irrevelant, next-gen is coming 28 8.28%

see results 26 7.69%

Total:337

Mazty is a casual VGchartz user

Around the Network
Mazty said:

Motion controls, right now, are a fad for gamers. The fact they have such high latency proves they are not made for gamers but impulsive shoppers and casual gamers.

The wii is a fad as it's not aimed for gamers. It offers nothing benefical to gaming, and therefore, is a fad. 

You're joking, right?

Do you seriously believe that people will ever want to play golf, bowling or tennis games with control sticks anymore after what the Wii remote did for these genres?  Just because you don't like the games on the Wii hardly means that it's not beneficial to gaming or not made for gamers.

sensebringer said:

Also Mario Kart Wii first bundle came on May 15, 2011.

Mario Kart sales since launch to December 2009: 20,661,738

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/6968/mario-kart-wii/Global/

Any question?

Okay so let's say there are two games that reflect the wii's higher sales. 2. Out of hundreds. And two which aren't core games for that matter...My point remains that the wii is a fad because it's not made for core gamers. 

archbrix said:
Mazty said:

Motion controls, right now, are a fad for gamers. The fact they have such high latency proves they are not made for gamers but impulsive shoppers and casual gamers.

The wii is a fad as it's not aimed for gamers. It offers nothing benefical to gaming, and therefore, is a fad. 

You're joking, right?

Do you seriously believe that people will ever want to play golf, bowling or tennis games with control sticks anymore after what the Wii remote did for these genres?  Just because you don't like the games on the Wii hardly means that it's not beneficial to gaming or made for gamers.

Find me a bowling core game...I haven't mentioned any dislike for wii games,  so stop with the strawmen. 
Considering the wii offers high latency, inaccurate controls, I'd prefer to stick to a pad thanks. If motion controls are so big, where are they for the PC? 

Soriku said:
Mazty said:

My point is that the sales show the Wii is not a console for gamers, therefore the wii is a fad because it isn't made for gamers. 

The Wii not selling as much SW relatively to the PS3 and 360 has nothing to do with whether it's a console for gamers or not. If it wasn't a console for gamers, Nintendo wouldn't have bought Monolith Soft and made Disaster and Xenoblade for it, they wouldn't have contracted Mistwalker to make The Last Story or Ganbarion to make Pandora's Tower. They wouldn't have gotten Monster Hunter 3, DQ X, Zangeki no Reginleiv, Sin and Punishment 2, etc. etc. not to mention they wouldn't have made games like the SMG games, Zelda games, Fire Emblem, etc. were which are undeniably for core gamers. And this are all games Nintendo had a hand in. The Wii has a lot of good third party games at this point. And like I said, the Wii sold more SW than the DS...is the DS not for gamers either?

And I really don't want to get into this fad thing again. A fad is something that's short-lived. We've gone way off topic and now apparently the Wii not selling SW relatively means it's short-lived now...what? "Not being made for gamers" does not equal "short-lived." You said earlier fad isn't the right word to use, but you're using it again in a nonsensical way that has nothing to do with what a fad really is.

If the Wii was a console for gamers, it would have far higher sales for it's core games. it doesn't. 
The DS is a handheld. Please stop with the crappy comparisons. 

It is a fad because gamers haven't adopted it. Kinect was a fad - fast sales which have plateued. The problem is the wii looks like it isn't a fad because it's being bought by casual gamers. Casual gamers don't dictate the future of gaming for serious gamers. 

Nintendo standards -- three years of top sales is a fad and 3 million in sales for a game is a FAIL.

That being said, a lot of people bought the Wii for faddish reasons. And th conversion to HD TVs have made the graphics seem less than stellar. No matter, I still enjoy mine and that is most important.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Mazty said:
sensebringer said:
Mazty said:
sensebringer said:

New Super Mario Bros. sold more than 20 millions before been bundle. Try harder.

Oh? Would you happen to have a source for that?

d21lewis said:
Mazty said:

Kinect sales would suggest it's a fad:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/327350/kinect-sales-pattern-unhealthy-ubisoft/

So what if  the wii had a game for every genre? If they didn't sell well, which they haven't, then it's not a console focused on core gamers. 
If the console is aimed at making people play games, why are game sales so low for non bundled games? 
What's the benefit of an inaccurate, high latency controller for gaming?

Kinect is a peripheral.  It's like a Zapper, Power Pad, Power Glove, Eye Toy, etc.

But if motion controls were the future then surely it's sales would be consistant? 

Soriku said:
Mazty said:

What are you on about? The Wii has sold ~45% more consoles then the 360, yet the wii game sales do not reflect anything close to 45% greater sales. They are actually almost identical. Fact. Just look at the numbers...

OK...what point are you trying to make though? The Wii got less prominent support from third party developers, it should be expected that sales don't reach the 45% greater sales. That's not the Wii's fault. Despite this, if you look at the chart the DS has sold less SW than the Wii despite unit sales being signficantly higher so it's not like the Wii has heavily underperformed or anything.

My point is that the sales show the Wii is not a console for gamers, therefore the wii is a fad because it isn't made for gamers. 

Also Mario Kart Wii first bundle came on May 15, 2011.

Mario Kart sales since launch to December 2009: 20,661,738

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/6968/mario-kart-wii/Global/

Any question?

Okay so let's say there are two games that reflect the wii's higher sales. 2. Out of hundreds. And two which aren't core games for that matter...My point remains that the wii is a fad because it's not made for core gamers. 

Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros. are not core games? Barozi was right. You lack any logic.

"What drives someone to argue about something they know nothing about? Insecurity due to a lack of ac"

Great to know that you know yourself.

Around the Network

Mario kart is as casual as CoD, is the Xbox360 a fad? answer is yes

God bless this fad

archbrix said:
Mazty said:

You're joking, right?

Do you seriously believe that people will ever want to play golf, bowling or tennis games with control sticks anymore after what the Wii remote did for these genres?  Just because you don't like the games on the Wii hardly means that it's not beneficial to gaming or not made for gamers.

Yes, I do. And many others. 

Motion gaming is great for some things but you should be aware that there are many people that dislike it or prefer standard controls. 

Hmmm, gee....lemme think:

It sits in the corner collecting dust in my households that owns one now.

It's successor was rush out INCREDIBLY fast mid-Gen to make up for all of it's myriad of shortcomings and mistakes (most notably because of the absolutely horrid 3rd party support).

Nintendo realized the Wii's success was fools gold and not a blueprint for long term domination. Gotta have HD, gotta have something NEXT GEN under the hood, and oh, GOTTA HAVE A CONTROLLER. The motion controls should ALWAYS be an option. Not mandatory to play EVERY SINGLE GAME.

sensebringer said:

Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros. are not core games? Barozi was right. You lack any logic.

If you think they are core games then you obviously have no idea what a core game is. Try one which isn't piss-easy.
Mario Kart has horrendous rubber banding as well as the blue shell. It's about as core as farmville. 
New Super Mario Bros is a simple platformer. It's not quite Portal or Braid is it? A game aimed for children, like NSMB is not a core game, because it has to be accessible to kids. 

Why do you feel the need to alter reality to suit your argument? Is admitting Nintendo made a console for casual gamers so dangerous that the results would be catastrophic for your life? C'mon.