By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How was the VGC of Old?! Newbs and Vets welcome alike!

Was it better in the old days?

Hellz yeah! 53 59.55%

Naaaw, I don't know... 5 5.62%

I don't care... 5 5.62%

w00T?! Noooooo! 3 3.37%

I miss my old friends/frienemies :( 5 5.62%

Now is not the time to look back! 8 8.99%

Meeh, show resultz 10 11.24%

Total:89

ill tell you the problem.

No one talks about the games.

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
ill tell you the problem.

No one talks about the games.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=143157&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=140788&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=143153&page=1#

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=136756

there's plenty of talking about games, perhaps you just don't get involved anyomre?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

He kind of has a point, while people still do talk about games, the off topics section and overall media are dominating the boards. Political, religious and societal threads grow vast and hold countless posts with lots of content while most game related threads die within a day or two and contain a few somewhat decent posts followed by a lot of; "this", "agreed" or gif's and other images to express agreement or disagreement.

This is completely normal on almost every other internet forum, which is part of the problem; vgchartz has been so great for so many precisely because it wasn't like all other forums.

Yeah, I wonder whether or not there's more or less gaming threads nowadays, or if the forum has simply been flooded with other non-gaming posts...? Isn't it up to you old timers to show us how it's done then? ;)

I miss the 'Top 200' the most. I remember when global software numbers went up at the end of the week the first thing I did was click onto them and go to the 4th (last) page and work my way backwards from 200 to 1. I loved to see how all the old PS2 games were selling, miss those days.

Around the Network
TrevDaRev said:
I miss the 'Top 200' the most. I remember when global software numbers went up at the end of the week the first thing I did was click onto them and go to the 4th (last) page and work my way backwards from 200 to 1. I loved to see how all the old PS2 games were selling, miss those days.

I've never heard of that features... when did that dissapear?

It's pretty simple, happens all the time. In order to get big you have to sacrifice the community.

Back in the day VG Chartz was more of a family, there wasn't that many people, everyone was close, ioi posted funny stuff, the mods or admins had fun from time to time with threads messing with people. Everyone heavely favoured one video game company and everyone knew what it was. Basically once ioi quit his job to run VG Chartz and it stopped being a fun hobby and everything took a serious turn, which is fine it makes perfect sense for ioi, who wouldn't wanna run there own website at home as a job, doing what they love.

Now you got tons of new members, old members leaving and the ones that didn't leave just bitch about it. The mods have to be more professional about there job, same as ioi everything just got serious...where's the joker when you need him.

DanneSandin said:
TrevDaRev said:

I've never heard of that features... when did that dissapear?

With the arrival of VGC Pro. It went from 'Top 200' to 'Top 30 or 40', can't remember which, anyway, that felt like a huge slap in the face.

Gilgamesh said:

where's the joker when you need him.

The only joker I know of left on this site would be D21.  He is about the only one on this site that can make me laugh.  Almost everyone else has a lame sense of humor.

sethnintendo said:
Gilgamesh said:

.where's the joker when you need him.

The only joker I know of left on this site would be D21.  He is about the only one on this site that can make me laugh.  Almost everyone else has a lame sense of humor.

Yeah, he's a funny guy =)