By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-order Chart - 5th May, 2012 | Final Numbers: StarHawk

Tagged games:

StarHawk FW USA Sales?

50K -> 75K 10 32.26%

75K -> 100K 12 38.71%

100 -> 125K 5 16.13%

125 -> 175K 1 3.23%

175K -> 250K 3 9.68%

Total:31
pezus said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Does anyone think Halo 4 will outsell CoD Black Ops 2 (360)? I think it won't but it will have a great opening week anyway

Certainly not. The question should be if Blops 2 can double Halo 4 FW rather

On 360 or PS360?

• First one is a maybe, MW3 was 7.5M FW WW. But only a remake Halo in 2011 and they've never released within 7 days of each other.
  • PS360 obviously is a yes.

Hmm, Halo fanboiyz gonna have to step it up.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Millenium said:
pezus said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Does anyone think Halo 4 will outsell CoD Black Ops 2 (360)? I think it won't but it will have a great opening week anyway

Certainly not. The question should be if Blops 2 can double Halo 4 FW rather

On 360 or PS360?

• First one is a maybe, MW3 was 7.5M FW WW. But only a remake Halo in 2011 and they've never released within 7 days of each other.
  • PS360 obviously is a yes.

The first one. Blops 2 could launch at close to 8m then, Halo 4 maybe 4.5m? So it will be close

Given COD's first week increases each year (Most frontloaded game ever) BO2 could even tag 8.5M if it reaches it's hand out. (1-1.7M fw increase since MW2)

I give Halo 4 will do no more than 4.3M first week, so if I had to predict, COD will take this one.

Data: Modern Warfare 2

Week EndingWeekWeeklyChangeTotal
14th November 2009 1 4,814,524 N/A 4,814,524

Data: Black Ops

13th November 2010 1 5,726,741 N/A 5,726,741

Data: Modern Warfare 3

12th November 2011 1 7,501,613 N/A 7,501,613

If Halo 4 released today you could expect roughly 495k WW based on a 120% increase (BTW I messed up last weeks numbers...it should have been closer to around 480k)

This week total Halo 4 pre-orders are 587% more than Halo Reach was (Down 35% from last week) and weekly Halo 4 numbers are 25% more than Halo Reach was.

black ops first week was 20% more than mw2. 

modern warfare 3 first week was 30% more than black ops

So black ops 2 will sell 9mil first week if it increases by 20%, 9.75mil if it increases by 30%.

MW3 user metacritic scores were very significantly lower than MW2 and Black Ops. So either the fans are fed up with the series or lots of trolls, or probably both, but I do think cod sales reached a tipping point with mw3 at least in the USA, and will not be able to match mw3 sales.

As for halo 4 and black ops 2 launching near its other. I really think this will hurt the first week sales of both games. MW3(360) may have doubled halo reach's first week sales, but mainline halo games are the second best selling console games in terms of first week single platform. You can think of it this way. MW3 only managed to double halo reach first week, while it nearly tripled or more every other big console release's first week. I think halo 4 could sell 4mil first week, and black ops 2 6.8mil first week.

A thing to note halo 4 selling 4mil first week in november is signifcantly worse than halo reach/halo 3 selling 3.8mil first week in september. November means holiday boost is already here, so halo 4 is experiencing its "bump" in sales at launch, while halo 3 and reach got theirs a few months after launch.  

Just a heads up to Vgchartz CODBO2 should be on the list we started taking pre-orders for it on May 2nd.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Just a heads up to Vgchartz CODBO2 should be on the list we started taking pre-orders for it on May 2nd.

People sure don't waste any time. While you're here sharing your knowledge, are people out there really preordering Luigi's Mansion 2?

Aj_habfan said:
BenVTrigger said:

People sure don't waste any time. While you're here sharing your knowledge, are people out there really preordering Luigi's Mansion 2?

Yeah Luigi's Mansion 2 is getting decent pre-orders it should do very well.  Pokemon Black and White V2 should start showing up on the charts soon as well as thats already also starting to get some momentum.

Bristow9091 said:
I've voted 100-125k sales FW for Starhawk, I know it's wishful thinking, but it deserves ATLEAST 100k+ FW, I don't get why people don't buy games like this :( I reckon the actual numbers will be somewhere around 80k... and with EU numbers it'll be lucky to even fall into the 100-125k range :( It's sad that games like this perform terribly

Well worldwide  100k+ is possible but what are your expektations for that game? The first one barely reached one million in sales around five years ago. So those "terrible" numbers arent surprising. And i think even Sony didnt think that the game would sell millions ( it got no advertising from Sony). And it doesnt look like big budget either ( why should it when the first one only sold a million )

And i understand why the normal PS3 gamer isnt very interestet in this game because it only look mediocore and not outsatnding like a Uncharted or God of War ( even if it is a great game)Ive watched some gameplay videos from the game and i have seen nothing that have convinced me to buy this game. And normally i buy most PS3 exclusives ( thats the reason why i own a pS3) but Starhawk doesnt impresse me.

BenVTrigger said:

Man Vgchartz should hire you to get a better idea of where pre-orders are....although I don't think Gamestop would really appreciate that (and it might even be illegal)

SunofKratos said:
Bristow9091 said:
I've voted 100-125k sales FW for Starhawk, I know it's wishful thinking, but it deserves ATLEAST 100k+ FW, I don't get why people don't buy games like this :( I reckon the actual numbers will be somewhere around 80k... and with EU numbers it'll be lucky to even fall into the 100-125k range :( It's sad that games like this perform terribly

Well worldwide  100k+ is possible but what are your expektations for that game? The first one barely reached one million in sales around five years ago. So those "terrible" numbers arent surprising. And i think even Sony didnt think that the game would sell millions ( it got no advertising from Sony). And it doesnt look like big budget either ( why should it when the first one only sold a million )

And i understand why the normal PS3 gamer isnt very interestet in this game because it only look mediocore and not outsatnding like a Uncharted or God of War ( even if it is a great game)Ive watched some gameplay videos from the game and i have seen nothing that have convinced me to buy this game. And normally i buy most PS3 exclusives ( thats the reason why i own a pS3) but Starhawk doesnt impresse me.

Warhawk have sold alot more then 1 million. Alot of it's sells are from the ps store.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!