By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is it fair that God forces us to be conscious for an eternity?

Answer the damn question!

Yes, it's fair. 49 49.00%

No, it's not fair. 19 19.00%

Other. (Please specify). 32 32.00%

Total:100

If I remain conscious after I die I will be one unhappy camper to put it mildly.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
KeptoKnight said:

Brain, Soul and Resiliency are critical subjects to cover.  Yes we may be born into a different environment but is upto us to make the choices including whom do we listen to and not. Within my belief God also places individuals in our lives so either we reject or not what they are saying. My INNATE traits is INFj yes I will always be wired that way, it will never change. We may fluctuate into the other trait but comes back to what you were wired since the begining.

And what decides those choices? Us? So you think people willingly choose to be wicked? When they know the consequences? I don't think so. A person's entire perspective of the world is limited to ...well...their perspective. Their doing what they think is the best thing to do.

I don't know what INFj is.

If our environment & our innate traits aren't the only factors of personality, what else is there?

And you didn't answer the question. Would you be a seriel killer?

A. I talked about the choices way before these posts.....
B. I answered that is upto us to make the choices of becoming a killer or not.

C. Humans are yes a product of their environments. Early on we learn rudimentary skills, taught by associating with our parents and other humans. We then use this and make choices to filter information coming into our sensors, and build upon this filter, until we develop a personality. We are constantly building upon, and updating this filter. This constant updating of this filter is a function which aids in our survival. Resiliency and Adaptability as well as our connection with our sound Doctrine.

D. When Adam sinned it brought sin into the human race like a genetic virus. All mankind after Adam was born into sinfulness. I don't know if you can define it as wickedness, but I guess you can. We are born into wickedness- and there is an age of accountability that we bestow when we are able to make our own decisions.

We are much like the animals without God. We look to our own selfish needs and wants. Without God in our lives we become self absorbed, but with God we can become concerned with others more than ourselves.

But I think this is what I am are trying to get to...."I think it depends on the parents love for their child. The more love and attention they receive during and after pregnancy, will help nurture the child spiritually as they grow older. Have you noticed, most problem children get no love or attention from their household."

Jay what do you think about Wickedness?

Millenium said:
miz1q2w3e said:
lol why would you ever want to stop existing? Part of the comfort of being religious is knowing you'll live forever.

I remember one kid asked something along those line, wouldn't you get bored if you were sitting around living for eternity. The teacher answered him that Heaven is different from our lives on Earth, and that people didn't get bored there (for some reason), same thing with 'going to the bathroom", people don't have to "go" there, it's just different - - - That's literally what he said :p

... I don't quote get it my friend, you go to the bathroom when you have to take a piss etc, how does it relate? O.o

Plus, how can you not get bored eventually? Even if I got to stare at gorramn hot ladies all day & night without getting tired, there is a point at which you've had enough...

I meant people in heaven don't poo or pee in Heaven! And they don't get tired or bored, there's no hunger or disease...etc It's paradise basically ~derp

That's how religious people describe Heaven most of the time. People saying they think they'll get bored in Heaven are wrong since that's not part of the definition of "paradise". Heaven is a completely different existence, i.e. no boredom, ever.

BasilZero said:
Jay520 said:
Basil, If a person does not want eternal life, a just, fair, all-knowing, and most of all, loving God should understand his feelings and act accordingly. I don't quite understand how you could disagree here.

Iuno, its just a personal opinion I guess of mine. If you created something, dont you think you know what is best for the creation? iuno just my own personal belief I guess.

I'm asking you to think for yourself. Use your own intuition. Yes, this is God's plan. Yes, God knows what's best. Now, I'm asking you: what do you feel about this? Don't just say, "well God is perfect, so I agree with God"

miz1q2w3e said:
Millenium said:
miz1q2w3e said:
lol why would you ever want to stop existing? Part of the comfort of being religious is knowing you'll live forever.

I remember one kid asked something along those line, wouldn't you get bored if you were sitting around living for eternity. The teacher answered him that Heaven is different from our lives on Earth, and that people didn't get bored there (for some reason), same thing with 'going to the bathroom", people don't have to "go" there, it's just different - - - That's literally what he said :p

... I don't quote get it my friend, you go to the bathroom when you have to take a piss etc, how does it relate? O.o

Plus, how can you not get bored eventually? Even if I got to stare at gorramn hot ladies all day & night without getting tired, there is a point at which you've had enough...

I meant people in heaven don't poo or pee in Heaven! And they don't get tired or bored, there's no hunger or disease...etc It's paradise basically ~derp

That's how religious people describe Heaven most of the time. People saying they think they'll get bored in Heaven are wrong since that's not part of the definition of "paradise". Heaven is a completely different existence, i.e. no boredom, ever.

Sounds a bit like brain control too be honest... even perfection gets boring at some point. Trust me, I know. *smugface*

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Jay520 said:
BasilZero said:
Jay520 said:
Basil, If a person does not want eternal life, a just, fair, all-knowing, and most of all, loving God should understand his feelings and act accordingly. I don't quite understand how you could disagree here.

Iuno, its just a personal opinion I guess of mine. If you created something, dont you think you know what is best for the creation? iuno just my own personal belief I guess.

I'm asking you to think for yourself. Use your own intuition. Yes, this is God's plan. Yes, God knows what's best. Now, I'm asking you: what do you feel about this? Don't just say, "well God is perfect, so I agree with God"

Like I said in my previous post, it is a personal opinion, I didnt say it was a fact ;p

Also, because you asked me how I feel about this, I will than give you my other response which you will probably not like:

"Who in their right mind would not want to live, exist or be conscious?"

I'm pretty sure you can get what I am trying to say, perhaps I dont know how to best explain it, please take my above response as the best possible response I can think of to your response.

Give me eternal life while the others remain dead. I do not mind at all.

KeptoKnight said:
Jay520 said:
KeptoKnight said:

Brain, Soul and Resiliency are critical subjects to cover.  Yes we may be born into a different environment but is upto us to make the choices including whom do we listen to and not. Within my belief God also places individuals in our lives so either we reject or not what they are saying. My INNATE traits is INFj yes I will always be wired that way, it will never change. We may fluctuate into the other trait but comes back to what you were wired since the begining.

And what decides those choices? Us? So you think people willingly choose to be wicked? When they know the consequences? I don't think so. A person's entire perspective of the world is limited to ...well...their perspective. Their doing what they think is the best thing to do.

If our environment & our innate traits aren't the only factors of personality, what else is there?

We are much like the animals without God. We look to our own selfish needs and wants. Without God in our lives we become self absorbed, but with God we can become concerned with others more than ourselves.

I'm not going to respond to the rest of your paragraphs because I feel like we're going in circles. I just wanted to say that this paragraph is not true. I don't believe in God and I'm more civilized than most theists that I know. Most theists don't care about their beliefs. They just go with whatever they were born into. Rarely go to church. Constantly sin, rarely repent. Etc.

Also, did you know athiests commit LESS crimes than theists?

Jay520 said:
KeptoKnight said:
Jay520 said:
KeptoKnight said:

I'm not going to respond to the rest of your paragraphs because I feel like we're going in circles. I just wanted to say that this paragraph is not true. I don't believe in God and I'm more civilized than most theists that I know. Most theists don't care about their beliefs. They just go with whatever they were born into. Rarely go to church. Constantly sin, rarely repent. Etc.

Also, did you know athiests commit LESS crimes than theists?

That's why we going in circles. I can only speak for myself and my relationship with God in Christ according to scriptures :(

Religion and Politics will never have a civilized conversation because there will always be disagreements.

BasilZero said:
Jay520 said:
BasilZero said:
Jay520 said:

Like I said in my previous post, it is a personal opinion, I didnt say it was a fact ;p

Also, because you asked me how I feel about this, I will than give you my other response which you will probably not like:

I'm pretty sure you can get what I am trying to say, perhaps I dont know how to best explain it, please take my above response as the best possible response I can think of to your response.

Because Heaven is a flawed place. It promises to be all good and no bad. That's impossible. Without bad, you cannot appreciate the good. There can be no positive without negative to contrast it. The good would simplly be normal or neutral. So Heaven would be an eternity of neutralness. Therefor I would be bored and depresed with my future never changing.

BasilZero said:
Jay520 said:
BasilZero said:
Jay520 said:
BasilZero said:
Jay520 said:

Because Heaven is a flawed place. It promises to be all good and no bad. That's impossible. Without bad, you cannot appreciate the good. There can be no positive without negative to contrast it. The good would simplly be normal or neutral. So Heaven would be an eternity of neutralness. Therefor I would be bored and depresed with my future never changing.

But how did you come to the conclusion on that is how Heaven is like? What if its not the way you think it is? What if its something much more bigger, so big that the human mind probably cannot calculate how it actually would be like?

You have to remember, Heaven isnt in the same realm of existence as we are currently living our everyday lives in, its in a totally different dimension/whatever you want to call it. What you might think is boring is because you only can think about it with your experiences in the current realm of existence, what you get to the other side might actually change your mind, I dont know.

^