By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - South Korea Seizes Capsules Containing Powdered Flesh of Dead Babies

Mr Khan said:
mrstickball said:

You know, China would have never needed the one-child policy if it wasn't for the stupidity of their government in the first place. Mao's Great Leap Forward artificially inflated birth rates so dramatically, they had to cull the population just one generation later. Additionally, the one-child policy will cause tons of issues with China in the very near future. Since the male/female birth rate has been so skewed due to the policy, there are tens of millions of men that will not have traditional relationships with women. The result has been more sex trafficking and kidnappings from neighboring populations to satiate demand for women.

Or in other words, its been one failure after failure. Comparatively, no modernized nation in the region has had to deal with excessive birth rates thanks to the free market's benefits for their respective economies.

Nope. The most modern and capitalistic of them all, Japan, had to deal with pretty drastic overpopulation problems through the 20s and 30s. Overpopulation was partially responsible for their entry into WWII, since they needed or felt they needed Lebensraum, and also because the influx of poor, economically disenfranchised people combined with expansion of the franchise led to radicalization of the polity

Japan wasn't exactly the shining example of capitalism pre-WW2.

@ OP

This is pretty disgusting.  God only knows how many of these babies were actually dead when they decided to turn them into powder.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
mrstickball said:
Dodece said:
What I am going to say is probably going to outrage a few people, but I applaud the one child law that China has put in place. Population growth is a problem globally, and I am supportive about at least one major government taking the problem seriously. When I look at some other countries in Southeast Asia, and in Africa all I can see is one giant cluster fuck on the horizon. Thinking about epidemics, starvation, and ecological catastrophe.

In other words if this is a side effect then its one that I am able to live with. It isn't that I hate babies, or like the idea of babies being killed. Especially to support a idiotic, and obviously superstitious, or pseudo scientific drug trade. I am just not seeing the absurd exception as an excuse to stop doing something that on the whole will be of great benefit for the people in China, and the world for that matter.

On the bright side maybe the people idiotic enough to scarf down these pills will get what they deserve. There is a very good reason not to eat other human beings, and that is Spongiform Encephalopathy also known more commonly as mad cow. Then again anyone cold blooded enough to cook dead babies into drugs is just as likely to cut sad drugs with some nasty filler. No empathy whatsoever for taking let alone buying this crap. Then again like others have said I am just not shocked by this at all. This is after all the region of the world that is more then happy to wipe out rhinos to get boners.

You know, China would have never needed the one-child policy if it wasn't for the stupidity of their government in the first place. Mao's Great Leap Forward artificially inflated birth rates so dramatically, they had to cull the population just one generation later. Additionally, the one-child policy will cause tons of issues with China in the very near future. Since the male/female birth rate has been so skewed due to the policy, there are tens of millions of men that will not have traditional relationships with women. The result has been more sex trafficking and kidnappings from neighboring populations to satiate demand for women.

Or in other words, its been one failure after failure. Comparatively, no modernized nation in the region has had to deal with excessive birth rates thanks to the free market's benefits for their respective economies.

Nope. The most modern and capitalistic of them all, Japan, had to deal with pretty drastic overpopulation problems through the 20s and 30s. Overpopulation was partially responsible for their entry into WWII, since they needed or felt they needed Lebensraum, and also because the influx of poor, economically disenfranchised people combined with expansion of the franchise led to radicalization of the polity

Was referring to the post WW2 capitalistic countries - all with low birth rates. China didn't have population problems until Mao's Great Leap Forward. Looking at Asia now, comparative birthrates in every other country are mostly similar, and they've achieved it without butchering women's rights to have children as they wish to.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

hatmoza said:
This story is extremely upsetting. The jokes are in bad taste.

I bet the capsules were too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

hatmoza said:
This story is extremely upsetting. The jokes are in bad taste.

Well, some things are so evil you almost have to laugh about them.

happydolphin said:

There is nobody here in Canada, and there's tones of room. We also don't all have to eat meat and such, we can live off the land. But in today's modern day and age, that's too much to ask.

Not everyone can live off of only veggies and fruits.

Around the Network

My people!

It's what keeps them ageless up until their 50s. Side effects include looking 90 years old once you're 51 though.

What is being ignored in this debate is overpopulation isn't the result of a particular leadership. While it doesn't help even if it weren't there overpopulation would still happen unabated. In other words it happens in places where there never was a Chairmen Mao. For the exact same reason all over the world. Modern science on the one hand is doing a fantastic job of increasing productivity, decreasing mortality, and increasing longevity. While on the other hand the people are still clinging to traditional mindsets. Which encourage them to be fruitful not only, because it was a good way to thwart infant mortality and catastrophe, but in times of plenty people traditionally become fruitful.

That isn't to say it is entirely stupid. Under Darwinian logic it is just common sense. However modern science does make that mindset a bomb waiting to go off. Western Society didn't face the same difficulty that many emerging economies are facing right now, because they had a outlet in colonization, and a longer period of adjustment. It just didn't happen overnight in the west, and it will not happen overnight in emerging economies. The problem for them is that they are being supercharged in just one or two generations.

The way I see it the West came up with a lot of great things, and is still grappling with the problems they create, and in a act of self righteous stupidity handed it to people who weren't ready for the implications. Like tossing a man dying of thirst into a lake. You know before teaching him to swim.

Dodece said:
What I am going to say is  going to make Millenium agree, but I applaud the one child law that China has put in place. Population growth is a problem globally, and everyone should be supportive about major governments taking the problem seriously. When people take a real look at some other countries in Southeast Asia, and in Africa all you can can see is one giant cluster fuck on the horizon. Thinking about epidemics, starvation, and ecological catastrophe.

Fixed.

Millenium said:
Dodece said:
What I am going to say is  going to make Millenium agree, but I applaud the one child law that China has put in place. Population growth is a problem globally, and everyone should be supportive about major governments taking the problem seriously. When people take a real look at some other countries in Southeast Asia, and in Africa all you can can see is one giant cluster fuck on the horizon. Thinking about epidemics, starvation, and ecological catastrophe.

Fixed.

Hmm so if we piece together the bolded underlines we get the secret fixed message.

"Make Millenium agree, everyone should be governments. People take a real you can"

Words of wisdom, although it does sound like far too many governments to make you agree.