By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - What song gives you goosebumps?

Wind of Change - Scorpions....nuff said. Although I prefer the Black Ops video as opposed to the actual video

http://youtu.be/ZVz6svD5axg

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Chris Hu said:

Beautiy and the Beast - Prologue is a ripp off of The Carinival of the Animals: The Aquarium by Camille Saint-Saens.

Inspired at parts, but you forget that disney takes inspiration from various epochs and culture items related to the times and places of their movies.

I won't argue with you, of course it's inspired, but I much prefer the version from Beauty and the Beast personally, yet both are lovely.

Only... The Carinival of the Animals: The Aquarium by Camille Saint-Saens didn't give me chills, at all.

To me The Carivial of the Animals: The Aquarium is a better song and it does it without the aid of a brass section.  What I also don't like is that Alan Menken got a Oscar for Beauty and the Beast despite the strong influence by Camille Saint-Saens and James Horner didn't even get a nomination for Glory one of his best scores because the academy thought it was inspired to much by earlier works.

Chris Hu said:

To me The Carivial of the Animals: The Aquarium is a better song and it does it without the aid of a brass section.  What I also don't like is that Alan Menken got a Oscar for Beauty and the Beast despite the strong influence by Camille Saint-Saens and James Horner didn't even get a nomination for Glory one of his best scores because the academy thought it was inspired to much by earlier works.

I can see why you would say that. But still, I much prefer the B&tB one. I didn't know the details behind it though, so thanks for that.

What did you think of the other tunes I posted? And what about you?

happydolphin said:
Chris Hu said:

I can see why you would say that. But still, I much prefer the B&tB one. I didn't know the details behind it though, so thanks for that.

What did you think of the other tunes I posted? And what about you?

The other ones that you posted are all great.  The Beauty and the Beast one is good also just that it borrows to much from The Aquarium.  James Horner is my favorite American movie composer I'm glad that he won a Oscar for Titanic but he also should have won for Braveheart but he was also nominated for Apollo 13 that year so he split his own changes of winning and Luis Bacalov who won is also one of my favorite composers so it not that bad.  Just looking back at the 1989 nomiations he was nomintated for Field of Dreams so even if he would have been nominated for Glory it probably would have played out like the 1995 nominations.  The other two years he was nominated he was up against much stronger competition even though I think that his work for House of Sand and Fog is some of his best work also just not as good as as Howard Shore work for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.  I woder why Shore didn't get nominated for The Two Towers I guess it sounded to much like The Fellowship of the Rings.

Favorite Randy Edelman track was used at the Oscars when they showed clips from past best picture winners a few years back gave me goosbumps and made me tearyeyed never actually saw the movie its from Dragonheart.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

Anything by Ennio Morricone

*brofist*

The show must go on by Queen, such a powerful rock song, and the fact that Freddie Mercury knows he is slowly dying whilst belting out those vocals and apt lyrics really hits home.