By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - What song gives you goosebumps?

Everyones got that one song that's just so good it sends a chill through your spine or gives you goosebumps.

What song is it for you?

Around the Network

I'd have to go with Beth/Rest - Bon Iver. It doesn't quite give me goosebumps anymore (because I've played it to death XD), but for the first few listens I was completely entranced. 

d

Every. Single. Time.

The reason is obvious.

You know those songs they play on movie trailers for the end of the world or like a villain? Yeah... those. For obvious reasons.

actually I have a loooooot of songs that do that to me

right now I feel it particularly strong with Vivaldi - four seasons - winter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMP9RLtXfQU

Around the Network

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW87Yx-wU1U

It's dedicated to one of the greatest fictional character I had come across, I actually wish this guy was real.

Do not allow yourself to be blinded by fear and anger. Everything is only as it is.

There are 3 pieces of music that never fail to give me goosebumps....ever.

I don't know what it is about this theme. Maybe the melancholy...maybe the memory of the experience of Titanic...maybe it's just great damn music! But it touches the soul!

Skip to 3:06 in the video....that theme tune that plays as Luke & Vader duel for the last time ever is one of the most emotional ever! You can really feel Luke's frustration and anger towards his father as he strikes the most tragic character of all time down. 

"Leaving Hogwarts" has been one of my fav themes and always gave me goosebumps due to the sheer nostalgia I feel when hearing it. Seeing it placed in the epilogue to Deathly Hallows PArt 2 was like a personal gift from the director!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

pezus said:

Mordred got it right. As always!

Goosebumps is Hans Zimmer's nickname after all.