By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why Ricky Gervais is an atheist

PDF said:

Zim said:

I have always associated being christian with the less educated and his statistic would seemingly support that. 

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/11/study-more-educated-tend-to-be-more-religious-by-some-measures/

Blue dot = country

Source - I recommend you read the section titled "studies comparing religious beliefs and I.Q."

I personally believe there may not be a clear correlation either way as other factors interfere. But I'm posting this stuff just to show you that there are plenty of studies that disagree with the one you posted.

Around the Network
pezus said:
NintendoPie said:

I am Christian (always will be) and I approve of this. (Based of the first few paragraphs.) At least he isn't like some members on here that are just rude in their ways about it.

You should read the whole thing if you didn't, might convert you to my faith! 

Kidding

Trust me, it wouldn't.

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
I like how you people are focusing on that one part of my post. I'm pretty sure the last part is way more important.

It's because you said "always". We don't know the future, NinPie. You will not think in exactly the same way when you're older as you do now. I was brought up a Christian and only started questioning my belief a few years ago. I'm not saying you will too, but I'm saying it is entirely possible. We don't know the future, Ninpie

My point still stands. People on this forum should be focusing on what I said in the last sentence. 

NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
I like how you people are focusing on that one part of my post. I'm pretty sure the last part is way more important.

It's because you said "always". We don't know the future, NinPie. You will not think in exactly the same way when you're older as you do now. I was brought up a Christian and only started questioning my belief a few years ago. I'm not saying you will too, but I'm saying it is entirely possible. We don't know the future, Ninpie

My point still stands. People on this forum should be focusing on what I said in the last sentence. 

I don't think anyone in this thread has been rude to you, and we all agree that it's unfortunate that other people are rude. 

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
NintendoPie said:

Yes, well, who do you think are being rude here? It's just a debate. Unless you mean someone outside of this thread

I wouldn't even call it a debate. Just a discussion. We're all friends here pie.

Around the Network

I'm not saying people in this thread, I'm saying people in almost all thread having to do with the slightest case of Religion.

NintendoPie said:
I'm not saying people in this thread, I'm saying people in almost all thread having to do with the slightest case of Religion.

I can agree with that...maybe not on this site (havent really been in many religion threads here) but on some others i visit it gets pretty bad

sundin13 said:
NintendoPie said:

I can agree with that...maybe not on this site (havent really been in many religion threads here) but on some others i visit it gets pretty bad

Fuck lol... it's so true. If you go on IGN forums or something like that and think the video game debates are annoying and pathetic, just wait until they get into religion and politics. 

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:

Yeah, you see it on both (every) side(s) though. That is how the world turns round and nothing but star collision is going to change it

Or the Last Judgement.

Depends on what you believe, right

Andrespetmonkey said:

Fuck lol... it's so true. If you go on IGN forums or something like that and think the video game debates are annoying and pathetic, just wait until they get into religion and politics. 

It's IGN. Is that a surprise?