By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 10 million sellers

GTAV and Black Ops 2 are the only guarantees I think. But yeah GTAIV should rumble on and make it, same with GT5 maybe (especially once it drops to like $20 if it isn't already). I don't know if MW2 will though, it only needs 110k but who the hell buys it new anymore?

Around the Network

Anyone think a series not called GTA, CoD or GT could ever hit 10 million on the PS3? 

The closest are FIFA, Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid but none of those are even at 6 million. Can Uncharted continue to grow into a 10 million series? Or even a 7.5+ million series?

ethomaz said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
You've got capcom listed as GTAIVs publisher btw :P

Capcom publish GTA IV in Japan... the list shows the Japan publisher.

And now I know

I'm not sure if GT5 would cross 10m line, but it definitely has a chance to do it. Anyway, 8.5m copies are absolutely guaranteed and it's very good sales. And I think it will be better to release GT6 in the launch window of PS4. This thing will be a very long-selling title.

As for CoD, I don't even know what to say about it. Black Ops 2 is already 100% 10m seller. It also the first CoD in years which really attract my personal attention because of its futuristic setting. Sci-Fi will be a nice medium for a game like CoD.

Cold Light said:
I'm not sure if GT5 would cross 10m line, but it definitely has a chance to do it. Anyway, 8.5m copies are absolutely guaranteed and it's very good sales. And I think it will be better to release GT6 in the launch window of PS4. This thing will be a very long-selling title.

As for CoD, I don't even know what to say about it. Black Ops 2 is already 100% 10m seller. It also the first CoD in years which really attract my personal attention because of its futuristic setting. Sci-Fi will be a nice medium for a game like CoD.

8.5 million is garanteed for the end of this year... GT5 already sold 500k this year... more 1 million for 8.5m is easy at 25k per week (without holidays boost).

Around the Network
Marks said:

Anyone think a series not called GTA, CoD or GT could ever hit 10 million on the PS3? 

The closest are FIFA, Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid but none of those are even at 6 million. Can Uncharted continue to grow into a 10 million series? Or even a 7.5+ million series?

Its extremely unlikely, even on the mighty PS2, the only titles to break 10 million sales were GTA and GT games :/

GT5 will probably crawl to 10 million, I'm not totally sure about GTA5 though, with the eventual PS4 release, will it kill its legs? (it would be helpful if someone could show how much GTA:SA sold since this gen started)

NotStan said:
PS3 shooterbox confirmed.

*trollface*

It's not totally untrue.

I like my PS3, I don't play FPS, and there's a lot of variety, though....but if we look at the best selling games....

Marks said:
GTAV and Black Ops 2 are the only guarantees I think. But yeah GTAIV should rumble on and make it, same with GT5 maybe (especially once it drops to like $20 if it isn't already). I don't know if MW2 will though, it only needs 110k but who the hell buys it new anymore?

you can buy gt5 + final fantasy XIII-2 or some other ones as set for 25 pound:

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/2-for-25.list

It's quite sad that the only 10 Million Sellers on the PS3 are CoD. There are much more deserving games.

DemoniOtaku said:
well... PS3 doesn't a lot of 10mm+ sellers... but have quite a lot of 4MM+ sellers.. Last of us, GoW Ascension, Last Guardian, FFXIIIversus (these last two if come out someday) could be next 5MM+ sellers...

The kast Guardain will never sell 4m+ it  would be a miracle it even reaches 2mil.