By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA product manager says Black Ops II "looks tired"

MVCUK

It begins.

Activision will release Call of Duty: Black Ops II on November 13th. EA will release Medal of Honor: Warfighter on October 23rd.

That’s a recipe for corporate competitiveness if we ever heard one.

Though Microsoft may want in on this particular kerfuffle, with it deciding to release Halo 4 on November 6th.

It’s EA that has thrown the opening blow in the clash of the titans, however, with global product manager Kevin O’Leary taking to Twitter to say: "Poor #blackops2 you look tired, you should take a year off and rest."

Expect this to be the first jibe of many.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ea-product-manager-says-black-ops-ii-looks-tired/095457

Around the Network

I'm not a cod, bf, moh fan at all but..his shit looks even more tired trying to copy a tired game...

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Cool, I've been saying the same thing about the last 4 or 5 versions of Call of Duty.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

In some ways, yes it does. For one thing, it is blatantly obvious from the trailer than they are still using the same engine, which doesn't hold a candle to the other more modern ones such as Frostbite 2.0, CryEngine 3, and others such as AnvilNext, RAGE and the Unreal Engine 3. Its is Activision's development strategy which allows them to push out a new game each year without running into major problems if they haven't already, they could really do with getting a team together to develop a new engine, just so its in the pipeline.

COD Ops 2 is the same crap in different wrap. Where is the innovation activation talked about? Same engine!!! This franchise has been milked beyond imagination.

Looks at the leap between Battlefield 2 and 3? Thats what I call innovation.

Around the Network

What else is new? Oh, and Medal of Honor is the only FPS series that is sillier and filled more banality than CoD... I'll steer well clear of both thank you very much!

SecondWar said:
In some ways, yes it does. For one thing, it is blatantly obvious from the trailer than they are still using the same engine, which doesn't hold a candle to the other more modern ones such as Frostbite 2.0, CryEngine 3, and others such as AnvilNext, RAGE and the Unreal Engine 3. Its is Activision's development strategy which allows them to push out a new game each year without running into major problems if they haven't already, they could really do with getting a team together to develop a new engine, just so its in the pipeline.

They want to keep the 60FPS, so there isn't much they can do to improve the graphics.

Barozi said:
SecondWar said:

They want to keep the 60FPS, so there isn't much they can do to improve the graphics.

They need to innovate and bring their shit down to an absolute max of 30FPS

Barozi said:
SecondWar said:

How many people can actually see the difference between 60 FPS and 30 FPS? Personally would go for a more visual upgrade. Partly why I have Battlefield 3 (no, I will not be getting Warfighter).

SecondWar said:
Barozi said:
SecondWar said:

How many people can actually see the difference between 60 FPS and 30 FPS? Personally would go for a more visual upgrade. Partly why I have Battlefield 3 (no, I will not be getting Warfighter).

that's VERY noticable and while they could improve the graphics in singleplayer without any backlash, most people playing it competitively online would be pissed. I don't think they want to fuck with their multiplayer focussed userbase.