By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the Wii-mote a reason to not buy a Wii?

I actually find it hard to play console fps now that I have played wii fps

Around the Network

It is a big reason why  I will not be getting a wii. I don't mind motion controls being in mini games and if they are optional however I hate that they are forced on you if you get a wii. Sure you can get a classic controller but the problem with that is that all games must be designed for the wiimote as it is the standard controller for the wii.

windbane said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
I love the Wii controls, I don't want to go back to using the old style controllers anymore

I guess you'll be missing out on the best control scheme for many games, then. 

Wiimote is good for some games but not otthers.  I'd rather have a light gun for RE:UC because the Wiimote there isn't as good as a mouse. 

I have yet to play a game where I don't see some benefit from the Wiimote controls

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Branko2166 said:
It is a big reason why I will not be getting a wii. I don't mind motion controls being in mini games and if they are optional however I hate that they are forced on you if you get a wii. Sure you can get a classic controller but the problem with that is that all games must be designed for the wiimote as it is the standard controller for the wii.

Motion controls aren't forced on developers. There are some games that have option playing with GC or classic controller (NiGHTS?), and SSBB will have several different controller options. Other games that use them is simply because they are easier to use, and probably add to immersion (MP3). There are several games that indeed seem to be forcing motion controls, but they're not significant percentage.

Branko2166 said:
It is a big reason why I will not be getting a wii. I don't mind motion controls being in mini games and if they are optional however I hate that they are forced on you if you get a wii. Sure you can get a classic controller but the problem with that is that all games must be designed for the wiimote as it is the standard controller for the wii.

Most games actually seem designed for the classic or Gamecube controller with the wiimote feeling tacked on. I use a standard controller for most of my games so the wiimote certainly isn't forced on you.

Around the Network
windbane said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
I love the Wii controls, I don't want to go back to using the old style controllers anymore

I guess you'll be missing out on the best control scheme for many games, then.

Wiimote is good for some games but not otthers. I'd rather have a light gun for RE:UC because the Wiimote there isn't as good as a mouse.

Let's see,

FPS - Check
Adventure - Check
Platformers - Check
Racers - Check
Most Sport games - Check
Lightgun games - Check

What exactly controls better with the old control scheme except maybe fighters?

I like the control schemes in most Wii games, however I feel that allot of third party games are adding unnecesary motion controls just because they can despite the fact that it can take away from the gameplay.

i must admit that if the Wii hadn't had its control i wouldn't have bought it, so if you don't like the controls, maybe is a reason for not buying it.

Anyone who doesnt like the controls havent played RE4 or MP3 and if they say thay have then they are lying, plain and simple.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

there is no Wii without the Wiimote.
Games made with group up for the Wii always have Fluid controls and rely less on gimmicky wriggles.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>