By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale will outsell Smash Bros

The last time a bunch of Playstation mascots got together.

Around the Network

Double post?  In this day and age?

enditall727 said:

And to RPG-cred: I will tell on the weekend at the RPG-session (pen&paper) my friends that someone claimed, that FF7 is the most famous RPG and JRPGs the face of RPGs. We will have a good laugh

lol go ahead

its funny when people who dont know sh!t about JRPGs  gossip and laugh with other people who dont know sh!t about RPGs =D

;)

I'm an active RPG-player, and I don't know Cloud/Sepiroth. I thought, that they must come from some FF-game

I played FF X, and it was mediocre. Why should I try another entry of the series, if there exist much better RPGs.

^^ LOL!

like i said before

people, whatever you do, DON'T listen to Mnementh when it comes to RPG's from here on out..

enditall727 said:

And to RPG-cred: I will tell on the weekend at the RPG-session (pen&paper) my friends that someone claimed, that FF7 is the most famous RPG and JRPGs the face of RPGs. We will have a good laugh

lol go ahead

its funny when people who dont know sh!t about JRPGs  gossip and laugh with other people who dont know sh!t about RPGs =D

We play a pen&paper at the weekend. This is the source of every computer-RPG. But sure, we know shit about RPG. ROFL.

enditall727 said:

I'm an active RPG-player, and I don't know Cloud/Sepiroth. I thought, that they must come from some FF-game

I played FF X, and it was mediocre. Why should I try another entry of the series, if there exist much better RPGs.

^^ LOL!

like i said before

people, whatever you do, DON'T listen to Mnementh when it comes to RPG's from here on out..

Let's look at your RPG-cred. You saying WRPGD get more popular. Wikipedia sees the golden age at the late 80s and early 90s. And a decline afterwards. As I said before, the WRPGs for the first time enter the limited view on RPGs you have. So you THINK they must be more popular this time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Western_role-playing_video_games#Golden_Age_.28late_1980s.E2.80.93early_1990s.29

You also claim, that PCs are not relevant. That's simply not true for RPGs (even for gaming at a whole the consoles have only a little lead). Even JRPGs, that I thought reside only on console, have started at PC. Let's cite Wikipedia: "While the Japanese video game industry has long been viewed as console-centric in the Western world, [...], the country had in fact produced thousands of commercial personal computer games from the late 1970s up until the mid-1990s [...]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Eastern_role-playing_video_games

You surely will play them all. Much luck finding a NEC PC-8801 or the other stuff they used. Thousands of games, you will become old over this.

And JRPGs the face of RPGs. Let's see. Dragon Quest is an icon of JRPGs. The first title drawed it's inspiration from what? Let's see: "Dragon Quest (1986), which combined the overhead exploration of Ultima with the first-person menu-driven combat of Wizardry, created a streamlined gameplay format that made console RPGs accessible to a wider audience." Yeah, Wizardry and Ultima. Some of the most famous WRPGs.

Much to learn, young Padawan.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

enditall727 said:
Kasz216 said:
Final-Fan said:
Kasz you are saying that the addition to summoning is not a major part of the FF battle system?

Not really... summoning spells really were just a tweak on red mages.

Something like Gau or Umaro would be considrered a bigger change if you ask me.  I suppose it's equal to some of the stuff i listed though... which kinda makes my point for me.

so are you going to reply to my last comment to you or not?

I... did?

Best I can tell.

d21lewis said:

Huge dissapointment but that terrible game actually makes me believe more in Battle Royale since Sony learned its lesson and hand picked the developing team exclusively to create Battle Royale.

Around the Network

I doubt it will crack the 3m mark.

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

d21lewis said:

That was a crap game on a platform notorious for poor software.

Jay520 said:
d21lewis said:

All I did was post a pic and say that it was the last time a bunch of Playstation mascots got together.  That game doesn't have any effect on the quality of this game!

d21lewis said:
Jay520 said:
d21lewis said:

All I did was post a pic and say that it was the last time a bunch of Playstation mascots got together.  That game doesn't have any effect on the quality of this game!

But...why post the pic in this particular thread if you weren't trying to connect-*HEAD EXPLODES!!*

d21lewis said:

Wait what?

When was this released?