By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Octopussy Review

This is one of my favourite Bond movies, probably cause it was one of the only movies I had available to watch when living in Africa. Besides that, it is a fairly average bond movie with decent story and action. Will have to watch it again soon.

Around the Network

Hehe. Octopussy.

I need to catch up on my James Bond history.

dr3b said:
This is one of my favourite Bond movies, probably cause it was one of the only movies I had available to watch when living in Africa. Besides that, it is a fairly average bond movie with decent story and action. Will have to watch it again soon.

The story is kind of all over the place, but the action in this one is great.  The entire last third of the movie is balls to the wall fun!

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:

Fair enough. 

I know that you are not a big Bond fan, but have you ever seen Octopussy or Never Say Never Again?  NSNA is the one where Connery returns as Bond and is 115 years old.  Octopussy is the one where Roger Moore is still Bond and is 118 years old.

i may have watched half an hour of Octopussy a long time ago, but I don't remember any details. I definitely haven't watched NSNA.

I would comment much more in your Bond threads, if I actually watched the movies. I've only seen a few from start to finish.

I think that you should give them a try again being that they are extremely tongue in cheek and may appeal to you.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

You have inspired me to watch it again, has been over 5 years. I have been working my way through the movies but might watch this one a little bit early.

Around the Network
dr3b said:

You have inspired me to watch it again, has been over 5 years. I have been working my way through the movies but might watch this one a little bit early.

If you are intereseted I am reviewing all of the movies in order every Monday.

amp316 said:
RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:

I did that intentionally with my "I'm not buying this 3D thing thread" and didn't get anywhere near 500 replies.  I must not be very good at it.

It's because people know that you are intelligent, so even if you are good at pretending to be stupid, they'll realize that you are just messing around.

Fair enough. 

I know that you are not a big Bond fan, but have you ever seen Octopussy or Never Say Never Again?  NSNA is the one where Connery returns as Bond and is 115 years old.  Octopussy is the one where Roger Moore is still Bond and is 118 years old.

So Roger Moore aged more rapidly than Sean Connery. He must be a clone like Solid Snake then!

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
amp316 said:
RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:

I did that intentionally with my "I'm not buying this 3D thing thread" and didn't get anywhere near 500 replies.  I must not be very good at it.

It's because people know that you are intelligent, so even if you are good at pretending to be stupid, they'll realize that you are just messing around.

Fair enough. 

So Roger Moore aged more rapidly than Sean Connery. He must be a clone like Solid Snake then!

Roger Moore is actually three years older than Sean Connery, believe it or not.

I vaguely remember enjoying this as a somewhat silly bond.

In positive news I've convinced my girlfriend (who does not like Bond but has only seen Brosnan bond movies) to watch a single oldschool Bond. I'm thinking From Russia With Love would be the best to convince her that the series is in fact completely awesome. Any other opinions on the best Bond to convince somebody that the series is amazing?

Rath said:
I vaguely remember enjoying this as a somewhat silly bond.

In positive news I've convinced my girlfriend (who does not like Bond but has only seen Brosnan bond movies) to watch a single oldschool Bond. I'm thinking From Russia With Love would be the best to convince her that the series is in fact completely awesome. Any other opinions on the best Bond to convince somebody that the series is amazing?

Goldfinger would be my pick to get somone into the series.