By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

Euphoria14 said:
Those snippets are from IGN and Destructoid.

Thanks Euphoria I moved that to the front page :)

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Here is a breakdown of the (6) characters shown thus far. I am sure you will find differences to how characters differ in Smash Bros.

Sly's block is very interesting, and I was shocked to hear that there are 3 buttons for attacks, that's great, and the 3-meter gauge thing is cool.

Do we know how the characters run?

Also, I totally agree that this is win-win in the sense that now Nintendo will have to up their game for smash, and that makes me really happy. I'm also probably getting a PS3 soon, and this will be a definite buy.

I think I'm starting to be okay with all this...

VicViper said:
huh, I just noticed, those are not health bars, are they?
They fill, instead of going down... how the characters die?

Maybe it is like the percent system in SSB?

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
VicViper said:
huh, I just noticed, those are not health bars, are they?
They fill, instead of going down... how the characters die?

Maybe it is like the percent system in SSB?

No, read the post just above by Euphoria or the OP. In short, you have a "super" meter with 3 levels of power. The first level is the weakest and third is the most powerful of course. You kill people with and only with your supers and rack up points (/kills) that way. This means all players must be on the offensive and can not sit idly by to avoid getting knocked out. So, SSB encourages more of a defensive play style (but also offensive if you wish) but here you have to actively keep on fighting all the time to fill your super meter -> get kills.

Soooo... like SSF?

happydolphin said:
Euphoria14 said:

Here is a breakdown of the (6) characters shown thus far. I am sure you will find differences to how characters differ in Smash Bros.

Sly's block is very interesting, and I was shocked to hear that there are 3 buttons for attacks, that's great, and the 3-meter gauge thing is cool.

Do we know how the characters run?

Also, I totally agree that this is win-win in the sense that now Nintendo will have to up their game for smash, and that makes me really happy. I'm also probably getting a PS3 soon, and this will be a definite buy.

I think I'm starting to be okay with all this...

It has many similarities while at the same time will have enough differences to form an experience that feels different.

I think opinions will change after E3.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
pezus said:

No, you have health bars in Street Fighter. Not in this game

MvC? (I'm talking about the special bars at the bottom.)

pezus said:

Hmm I have not played it but I guess it's similar to the special bars, but I do not think they are insta-kills though? Unlike this game

I don't really know, I'm quite confused. XD

The other thing I like is that if someone is cheesing it up and now has a 5-2-1-1 lead against the other (3) players, those other players can in turn gang up on the guy with (5) wins. Each time that players dies, his score drops (1) point.

Of course, as that player is ganged up on and killed, another player takes the reigns, and in turn everyone focuses on him. This will help to prevent everyone finding one weak link and focusing all their time and energy on just that one person, knocking him out and working their way through the line.

I think this game is going to be a blast. I just hope it gets this guy!

And YES!, I think it WILL happen. He will joint the fray! It is almost guaranteed!!!

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

3D Dot Game Hero is made by Silicon Studios, published by From Software.

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. is a major shareholder for Silicon Studios, so getting him in shouldn't be too tough right?

Currently playing:

Now thinking about it, he has to make it in. I even just went on PSBlog and requested it, lol.

He has Tuna Sword ability!

He has Baseball bat ability!

He attacks with pixel block chickens!

He throws with his hook shot!

He has bombs!

Special ability #3 is the screen fillig sword attack.

He can turn into a TANK with one of his specials. <-- Watch the 3DDGH commercial and you'll understand.

He is like their Link styled character, only really weird.

Currently playing: