By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

oh my lord though... it's a pure rip-off. I mean, I like it, but I don't enjoy the fact that it's basically a rip-off... That sucks.

The same amount of air-jumps (2), the moves look exactly like smash moves... the drops from the sky are just like the smash drops (lots of little drops at the same time). The special attacks are the same concept and animation style (rip-off), but a different mechanic (that's acceptable), and there's more.

I don't know if I were Nintendo I would sue their ass tbh.

I wanted something like smash, I didn't want a reskinning of it... I want this to fail.

Around the Network
Areym said:
shanbcn said:
Destructoid:

After several matches I came away pretty excited about All-Stars. Smash rip-off? Who cares! It's so fun that I'm not even drawing the connection anymore. It's so easy to get in and get wrapped up that I found that a string of fights takes place before you know it. Even with only six characters and four stages I'm sure I could have played all night if permitted. The characters are are an obvious draw, and with their fantastic control you want to keep playing them. The mashed-up stages are also a riot, and are all eye candy to boot. If they get the balance down pat and add the right characters, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale will be a smashing success. I'm sure they can pull it off, as the foundation has already been laid for a great fighting game.

Gameinformer:

There's no denying where the inspiration for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale comes from, but I had fun during my time with it. Sony's characters may not fit the colorful, family-friendly mold of Nintendo's creations, but their differences make for some entertaining and varied attacks and play styles. While plenty of roster reveals are inevitable before Battle Royale is released, I can't help but wonder if it'll compare to the variety in Nintendo's fighter. That said, we wouldn't be surprised to see big names like Nathan Drake, Sackboy, Jak, and Ratchet join the fray (Crash Bandicoot is likely excluded thanks to the fact that he isn't Sony-exclusive anymore). It's far from a novel idea, but All-Stars Battle Royale made for a fast-paced and fun four-player experience in my time with it.

IGN:

After playing the game, speaking to the president of the studio and then playing the game some more, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is no longer a game I'm profoundly skeptical of, but one of my most-anticipated upcoming projects. There's no reason to be coy about its inspiration -- Super Smash Bros. undeniably paved the way for it -- but no reason exists to dismiss it as a clone, either. After all, it's not very often that a clone gives its inspiration a serious run for its money. And from what I've seen and played of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, it seems ready to do just that.

Wow wow back way the fuck up. I know crash had some games on the Xbox  but there is no way in hell he cannot be included! He is a staple of the glorious PS1 era! I would seriously be pissed if they don't put Crash into the game. I won't boycott it or some stupid shit, but that would hit me right in the childhood.

Well it's all up to Activision.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

happydolphin for mod!

@Boutros.

Don't you agree though? I'm a big smash fan, so I see it right away. It kinda makes me feel not well.

cyberninja45 said:

Well I think they should put a " This game was inspired by the Smash Bros series" reference in the game. I think most of yall here would agree.

Just so long as all the games featuring FPS mechanics put "Inspired by Wolfenstein 3D" in the game, but I did not find that in Metroid Prime...

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

@Boutros.

Don't you agree though? I'm a big smash fan, so I see it right away. It kinda makes me feel not well.

It's understandable but I mean I don't think SuperBot is pretending to be original or innovative with this game.

I hope there's a character from Catherine. Or at least a level mash-up.

Vincent would be an awesome character.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

@boutros

Take for example the title of our latest vgchartz article:

"Sony Forms New Studio SuperBot to Develop Smash Bros. Style Game".

I can't say this title is honest. It should read

"Sony Forms New Studio SuperBot to Develop Smash Bros. Brawl Clone"

I'm not flaming, I just want to call it as it is. And to be honest, the smash fan in me really wants to play, but the Nintendo fan in me is disgusted...

gentii said:
snfr said:
Some people's comments are really funny, ridiculous and also quite predictable.

However, it looks a lot like Smash Bros., but I enjoyed every single SSB game. So I'm definitely interested in this and I'm looking forward to more info. I also hope that Sony tries a few new things that Nintendo haven't done with Show

SONY is so great for Copying Nintendo !!! Well Done SONY

GOO SONY? COPY the next thing THE Wii U Tablet

hahahahahahahahahahaha everything when copy is MADE IN CHINA hahahahahahahhaha SONY CHINA

You sound like you're from Youtube.

Damn, i was expecting some similarities between this and the smash bros series, but this is just too much it could as well be launched as Super Smash Bros Sony Version xD

Looks fun, E3 will bring more info and hopefully it will be as good as Smash Bros. Guess I already know my next Ps3 purchase (Unless GoWIV launches first, of course)