By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

Euphoria14 said:
VicViper said:
Euphoria14 said:
sales2099 said:
theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:
Well I will leave this to the Nintendo fans vs Sony fans.

But my 360 centric take on this is: Not gonna come close to Smash Bros reviews or sales, and aside from Nathan Drake and Kratos its gonna be the most WTF list of characters seen in a "Big 3" fighting game.

Color me amused.

Don't worry, the last words are in my head, appropriately aimed at "Big 3 fighting game" LOL it's so funny. I'd say it, but I won't sully the thread with negativity.

If your implying MS doesnt have enough characters to make their own, the success and recognizability of Halo and Gears alone would give MS a superior roster. 

A Grunt has more recognition and potential then Parappa.....a Wretch has more recognition and potential then Fat Princess lol. I could go on but I wanna keep this Nintendo vs Sony as it should be. 

I raise your Gears with God of War and Uncharted and I match your Master Chief with Gran Turismo driver. Yeah, if Nintendo can use "Pokemon Trainer", I am sure Sony can use "Gran Turismo Driver".

Then i'll raise the stakes with Sackboy.

Your turn.

oh, c'mon, if Sega left one legacy to the gaming world, that legacy is that a CAR can fight! No drivers needed.

Indeed, that is why Sony has over 1,000 to choose from. EPIC character selection. Do I fight with the Skyline #26 or the Gt3000. Decisions, decisions...

He also totally discounts Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter and the like. He only goes by sales, but forgets that while Gears sells well, Ratchet and Clank has been around for ~10 years.

Lets ignore that they might also get some decent third party characters as well. 

While I do think Microsoft might do a roster of 24 with more well known characters, I think Sony has more variety to play with it, and brawl like fighters need variety. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:
Well I will leave this to the Nintendo fans vs Sony fans.

But my 360 centric take on this is: Not gonna come close to Smash Bros reviews or sales, and aside from Nathan Drake and Kratos its gonna be the most WTF list of characters seen in a "Big 3" fighting game.

Color me amused.

Don't worry, the last words are in my head, appropriately aimed at "Big 3 fighting game" LOL it's so funny. I'd say it, but I won't sully the thread with negativity.

If your implying MS doesnt have enough characters to make their own, the success and recognizability of Halo and Gears alone would give MS a superior roster. 

A Grunt has more recognition and potential then Parappa.....a Wretch has more recognition and potential then Fat Princess lol. I could go on but I wanna keep this Nintendo vs Sony as it should be. 

don't got there sales. MS still needs EPIC to ok the use of any GEARS character cause EPIC owns GEARS. MS only own publishing rights to the trilogy.

Master chief would make a great Fighting game character. makes me wonder why MS has yet to put him in soulcalibur. i'm not to sure if MS has enough characters to make a game like SSB, or Sony allstars but it'd be interesting to see.

also to all Sony and ninty fans in this thread. be warned i'm a Sony/ninty fan and will report you if need be, so keep the trolling to a minimum, if not none existent.

i've never had to report an active user before, but this is a very serious case, and i will if need be.

I'd like to take this moment to thank SONY for answer a huge fan request this April 27th.

4 ≈ One

This game will sell more then 5m for sure. With popular 3rd party characters it will be WW hit including Japan.

shanbcn said:
This game will sell more then 5m for sure. With popular 3rd party characters it will be WW hit including Japan.

Don't think so, but I think it will decently, above 3 million is my perdiction (without bundling), unless it is broken.

Around the Network

I love Fat Princess! It's my favorite PSN game so I'm super glad she's included.

They will need more gurls though!

So I really hope Square-Enix is part of the 3rd party list so that Lightning makes it into the game!

I too believe it should do more than 3 million if the marketing is done right.

Destructoid:

After several matches I came away pretty excited about All-Stars. Smash rip-off? Who cares! It's so fun that I'm not even drawing the connection anymore. It's so easy to get in and get wrapped up that I found that a string of fights takes place before you know it. Even with only six characters and four stages I'm sure I could have played all night if permitted. The characters are are an obvious draw, and with their fantastic control you want to keep playing them. The mashed-up stages are also a riot, and are all eye candy to boot. If they get the balance down pat and add the right characters, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale will be a smashing success. I'm sure they can pull it off, as the foundation has already been laid for a great fighting game.

Gameinformer:

There's no denying where the inspiration for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale comes from, but I had fun during my time with it. Sony's characters may not fit the colorful, family-friendly mold of Nintendo's creations, but their differences make for some entertaining and varied attacks and play styles. While plenty of roster reveals are inevitable before Battle Royale is released, I can't help but wonder if it'll compare to the variety in Nintendo's fighter. That said, we wouldn't be surprised to see big names like Nathan Drake, Sackboy, Jak, and Ratchet join the fray (Crash Bandicoot is likely excluded thanks to the fact that he isn't Sony-exclusive anymore). It's far from a novel idea, but All-Stars Battle Royale made for a fast-paced and fun four-player experience in my time with it.

IGN:

After playing the game, speaking to the president of the studio and then playing the game some more, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is no longer a game I'm profoundly skeptical of, but one of my most-anticipated upcoming projects. There's no reason to be coy about its inspiration -- Super Smash Bros. undeniably paved the way for it -- but no reason exists to dismiss it as a clone, either. After all, it's not very often that a clone gives its inspiration a serious run for its money. And from what I've seen and played of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, it seems ready to do just that.

shanbcn said:
Destructoid:

After several matches I came away pretty excited about All-Stars. Smash rip-off? Who cares! It's so fun that I'm not even drawing the connection anymore. It's so easy to get in and get wrapped up that I found that a string of fights takes place before you know it. Even with only six characters and four stages I'm sure I could have played all night if permitted. The characters are are an obvious draw, and with their fantastic control you want to keep playing them. The mashed-up stages are also a riot, and are all eye candy to boot. If they get the balance down pat and add the right characters, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale will be a smashing success. I'm sure they can pull it off, as the foundation has already been laid for a great fighting game.

Gameinformer:

There's no denying where the inspiration for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale comes from, but I had fun during my time with it. Sony's characters may not fit the colorful, family-friendly mold of Nintendo's creations, but their differences make for some entertaining and varied attacks and play styles. While plenty of roster reveals are inevitable before Battle Royale is released, I can't help but wonder if it'll compare to the variety in Nintendo's fighter. That said, we wouldn't be surprised to see big names like Nathan Drake, Sackboy, Jak, and Ratchet join the fray (Crash Bandicoot is likely excluded thanks to the fact that he isn't Sony-exclusive anymore). It's far from a novel idea, but All-Stars Battle Royale made for a fast-paced and fun four-player experience in my time with it.

IGN:

After playing the game, speaking to the president of the studio and then playing the game some more, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is no longer a game I'm profoundly skeptical of, but one of my most-anticipated upcoming projects. There's no reason to be coy about its inspiration -- Super Smash Bros. undeniably paved the way for it -- but no reason exists to dismiss it as a clone, either. After all, it's not very often that a clone gives its inspiration a serious run for its money. And from what I've seen and played of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, it seems ready to do just that.

Hype rising and rising and rising!

Signature goes here!

shanbcn said:
Destructoid:

Gameinformer:

IGN:

Good stuff, I heard IGN liked it earlier today, but nice to know others did as well. Personally I want to hear sites that overcritical like EuroGamer and Edge.