By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

sales2099 said:
theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:
Well I will leave this to the Nintendo fans vs Sony fans.

But my 360 centric take on this is: Not gonna come close to Smash Bros reviews or sales, and aside from Nathan Drake and Kratos its gonna be the most WTF list of characters seen in a "Big 3" fighting game.

Color me amused.

Don't worry, the last words are in my head, appropriately aimed at "Big 3 fighting game" LOL it's so funny. I'd say it, but I won't sully the thread with negativity.

If your implying MS doesnt have enough characters to make their own, the success and recognizability of Halo and Gears alone would give MS a superior roster. 

A Grunt has more recognition and potential then Parappa.....a Wretch has more recognition and potential then Fat Princess lol. I could go on but I wanna keep this Nintendo vs Sony as it should be. 

Just because you don't know anything about video games doesn't mean nobody does. PaRappa the rapper is a very iconic character. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

Many gamers claim to love Smash Bros, and of course they absolutely do and so do I, yet finally when there is a second franchise in the very same genre all I can see from many of those with an inclination against Sony is hate. 

It's saddening really, you'd have thought that people would be excited now that there is a potential for at least two great cross-over brawlers per generation, but instead it's the usual old insults.

While we should really be having a thread about speculation over what characters, stages and features fans are going to see in this long awaited alternative to a classic formula, it seems certain people are just intent on not letting others have fun  

Anyway, OT, here is a nice list of confirmed/potentials, not complete by any means though. 

theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:
theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:

But my 360 centric take on this is: Not gonna come close to Smash Bros reviews or sales, and aside from Nathan Drake and Kratos its gonna be the most WTF list of characters seen in a "Big 3" fighting game.

Color me amused.

Don't worry, the last words are in my head, appropriately aimed at "Big 3 fighting game" LOL it's so funny. I'd say it, but I won't sully the thread with negativity.

If your implying MS doesnt have enough characters to make their own, the success and recognizability of Halo and Gears alone would give MS a superior roster. 

A Grunt has more recognition and potential then Parappa lol

3/10 

I expect better, sales. To be a troll, you need to troll the other company...not your own

lol I dont care what you seem to think I know most people would recognize a Grunt over Parappa any day. In fact I hope MS gets the idea from this and makes a Halo/Gears or preferably just a Halo fighting game. No BS 2nd rate franchises. Now that would be fan service. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

AndrewWK said:

Ok I say it will sell: less 990k copies in 6 months

and it will have 7.5 on metacritic

Fyi, I just posted mine in the quicktopic so you could see the timestamp and know that I wasn't trying to "price is right" you. My prediciton was made independently from yours.

Interesting how you increased your prediction from under 990k to .99m - 1.59m :D

leatherhat said:
sales2099 said:
theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:

Color me amused.

A Grunt has more recognition and potential then Parappa.....a Wretch has more recognition and potential then Fat Princess lol. I could go on but I wanna keep this Nintendo vs Sony as it should be. 

Just because you don't know anything about video games doesn't mean nobody does. PaRappa the rapper is a very iconic character. 

Mario is iconic. Master Chief is iconic. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=parappa+the+rapper

Ya....this guy just screams iconic. When you accuse me of something have the courtesy to back up your claim like I do. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:
theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:

Color me amused.

A Grunt has more recognition and potential then Parappa lol

3/10 

I expect better, sales. To be a troll, you need to troll the other company...not your own

lol I dont care what you seem to think I know most people would recognize a Grunt over Parappa any day. In fact I hope MS gets the idea from this and makes a Halo/Gears or preferably just a Halo fighting game. No BS 2nd rate franchises. Now that would be fan service. 

Why not? They've tried to tackle virtually every other genre with their one brand name.

But I would think MS is above brawlers now. Games like these are low class and niche for "teh hardcorez". I'd think more along the lines of Halo: Dancing Evolved, or something like that.

sales2099 said:
leatherhat said:
sales2099 said:
theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:

Color me amused.

Ya....this guy just screams iconic. When you accuse me of something have the courtesy to back up your claim like I do. 

2 million copies sold, extreme nostalgia blast. And famous enough to end up on robbot chicken.

Seems iconic enough to me

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

sales2099 said:
theprof00 said:

3/10 

You really don't understand the concept of Smash-like games, do you? It's the whole point of having characters from many franchises battling each other. Smash Bros. would be boring if it was just Mario universe characters. These games are a celebration of the company's history, that's why Smash has Mr. Game & Watch, Ice Climbers and Pit, characters that come from the NES era (and before) and that's why PaRappa fits perfectly in here.

Signature goes here!

leatherhat said:
sales2099 said:
leatherhat said:
sales2099 said:
theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:

Color me amused.

2 million copies sold, extreme nostalgia blast. And famous enough to end up on robbot chicken.

Seems iconic enough to me

2 million doesnt qualify being iconic....and the sharp sales drop after the first game only confirms that. 

Cmon, we all know Sony simply doesnt have Mario level mascots. Doesnt mean the game will play bad. Im just saying Sony mascots are more forgettable then Nintendos, which many people would agree with. 

theprof00 said:
AndrewWK said:

Ok I say it will sell: less 990k copies in 6 months

and it will have 7.5 on metacritic

Fyi, I just posted mine in the quicktopic so you could see the timestamp and know that I wasn't trying to "price is right" you. My prediciton was made independently from yours.

Interesting how you increased your prediction from under 990k to .99m - 1.59m :D

What difference does it make? if you think that it´ll sell more then 3 million anyway. I said 990k and you said 3.2-3.8, so I was thinking you have 600k inbetween then I´ll increase the maximal possible by 600k. And it doesn´t change anything for you anyway