By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

From Shuhei Yoshida' twitter, President of Worldwide Studios SCE:

"I'm not the last boss, CEO Kaz will be (not)"

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
Runa216 said:

Aside from the Killzone super move. that's got snake written all over it.

Does it? Notice the first person super at 1:07.

Clearly the creator of that MUGEN game traveled into the future, copied Snake's final smash and came back and put the idea into the game. Only logical explanation really.

lol the last boss is going to be the giant enemy crab

enditall727 said:
DepthAlly said:

LOL I love that Geoff said "I don't know where you guys come up with this stuff" when referring to the first person perspective for Radec. *cough*Snake*cough*

i wonder what snakes move would be if he is in this game

he will most likely be in this game

hopefully

Yeah, they would be crazy not to include him and I'm damn certain if Kojima wanted him in SSBB that he would like to see him in this. Guess we'll have to wait and see how he turns out move set and all.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

Runa216 said:
I think the only thing I'm particularly unimpressed with is that it's only 4 player. the PS3 can handle 7 controllers, that could have been the ace in the hole to help put this aside from Smash Brothers. 7 player brawls would be AWESOME.

You know what would also be awesome? if the "littlebigplanet" level had its own mini level creator, so when you picked the littlebigplanet level, it would start randomly creating one of the two dozen LBP levels you made ingame. like, just one at random. Or almost as good, make it random from the get-go.

HEalth Bars instead of percentage and being knocked off the edge is good, that's different. They're also utilizing a lot of nifty ideas such as level crossovers and 3 tier super moves. I think this is gonna be the perfect balance between being similar enough to smash brothers to get people interested and draw paralells, but unique enough to make it stand as its own game.

Aside from the Killzone super move. that's got snake written all over it.

7 would feel wierd to me... 6 would be fine though. There's a decent few sports games that do six. Like Wrestling and Basketball.

@Those ppl that know who they are: Jump Ultimate Stars, Punch Time Explosion. This has been done before. Usually within an IP though (Dissidia for example).

If it wasn't about Playstation Characters and was being made by say EA or Activision.... no one would give a shit for more than a minute.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Is very similar to SSB, too similar.
I was expecting something in the lines of Power Stone, fun multiplayer but different enough to not be called a rip-off, very disappointed.
Right now is remind me of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up

looks good :) i doubt itll be as good as smash bros but im still excited for it

This is a direct and disgusting rip-off....

...of digimon Rumble Arena

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

enditall727 said:
lol the last boss is going to be the giant enemy crab

It is Historically Correct.

leatherhat said:
This is a direct and disgusting rip-off....

...of digimon Rumble Arena

Damn straight son, knew I couldn't be the only person that played that.