By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony ditch the Playstation Vita?

It's no surprise the Vita is struggling to sell in all regions. It doesn't seem like there is a killer-app in sight.....so the question is..should Sony just ditch the Vita? If sales don't rebound soon, it will be too late. Sony will spend all of Vita's lifespan trying to just keep it alive. A price cut would only provide a temporary boost and it would make them bleed even more. So why bother? Why not just ditch the Vita and focus purely on the PS4 launch and continue PS3 support?  Will Sony really be losing out on anything?

By this time next year, if things haven't changed, I really think Sony needs to consider ditching the Vita.

Around the Network
VGKing said:

It's no surprise the Vita is struggling to sell in all regions. It doesn't seem like there is a killer-app in sight.....so the question is..should Sony just ditch the Vita? If sales don't rebound soon, it will be too late. Sony will spend all of Vita's lifespan trying to just keep it alive. A price cut would only provide a temporary boost and it would make them bleed even more. So why bother? Why not just ditch the Vita and focus purely on the PS4 launch and continue PS3 support?  Will Sony really be losing out on anything?

By this time next year, if things haven't changed, I really think Sony needs to consider ditching the Vita.

so lets lock this thread until then

yeh.. like they should have with PS3.

what? PS3 actually has a chance at being the number 1 system this gen?

no Sony shouldn't ditch the Vita. give it a nice little price cut and by the end of the year with all the massive games coming it will be flying off the shelfs

*Looks at PS3 beginings*

...No.

Around the Network

i wouldnt mind i dont get handheld gaming, some games that are being hyped for it like COD i would rather play on a big screen same with Uncharted GA, i shouldnt have to buy a new piece of HW to experience that part of the franchise

i like the idea of focusing solely on PS4 but i believe they do make $ off the vita and SW for it same as they did with psp and PS home which everyone including myself sees as worthless

Play Me

No, Sony doesn't enjoy making money any more so why not continue to lose it. By the way a price cut won't do anything to make it better because their not selling any software.

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

PlaystaionGamer said:
yeh.. like they should have with PS3.

what? PS3 actually has a chance at being the number 1 system this gen?

no Sony shouldn't ditch the Vita. give it a nice little price cut and by the end of the year with all the massive games coming it will be flying off the shelfs

Chance of being number 1 ? need that weed man.

No, they shouldnt ditch Vita, it will pick up on holidays and next year with proper software.

Nope.
It will get better but might take as much time as the psp and ps3 did

Nope! If they should fall,they should fall fighting to the end! And fighting hard.

But they should enter panic mode in japan. Don't let by any chance MH4 getting an exclusive release. Especially for the All-new, all-different 3DS Nintendo is surely readying. Because, frankly, the situation is getting really uncontrollable there.