By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Diablo III - OPEN Beta Weekend starting today for EVERYONE!

I've found two diablo boring, since forever. I love warcraft (not WoW) and starcraft though.

Around the Network

I am wondering about people who complain that diablo 3 is cheery and that the previous ones were dark and grim. Did we play the same game? If anything Diablo 3 looks darker and grimmer than diablo 2 with its ridiculous crayon like colors

cr00mz said:
I am wondering about people who complain that diablo 3 is cheery and that the previous ones were dark and grim. Did we play the same game? If anything Diablo 3 looks darker and grimmer than diablo 2 with its ridiculous crayon like colors

I don't agree that Diablo 2 had/has crayon like colors, mostly because i'm currently playing it and haven't seen anything of the like. Alas, Diablo II has a very similar color palette to the original Diablo, but with a larger focus on contrast and luminosity, which is more proeminent in Act II and Act IV, because of the particularities of those same acts (Because a dark and grimmy desert wouldn't really make any sense, nor an entire lava filled room). 

I also don't agree nor did I ever agree with the swarm of complains about the art style of Diablo III. I always thought they were uncalled for, mostly because the art seemed to fit the few locations shown.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Put around 10hrs into it, and I am finding it antiquated.

Pjams said:

That's more than most current games already.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
pezus said:
Pjams said:

Yet you put 10 hours into it already!

I'm not saying it's bad, It's fun to play, just feels like I'm playing something that came out 10 years ago.

pezus said:
Pjams said:
pezus said:
Pjams said:

I'm not saying it's bad, It's fun to play, just feels like I'm playing something that came out 10 years ago.

I think that's exactly what most of the fans want. It feels like Diablo wrapped in a new skin, so it doesn't feel outdated and still has that awesome feel we all know and love

Thats fine, as a fan it isn't necessarily what I was hoping for, but I'm sure it will make a lot of people happy. I don't think I'll be getting the game, though. I'm glad I got a chance to play the beta, otherwise I would have bought the game blindly, and then been disappointed. Enjoy the game!

pezus said:
Pjams said:
pezus said:
Pjams said:

I think that's exactly what most of the fans want. It feels like Diablo wrapped in a new skin, so it doesn't feel outdated and still has that awesome feel we all know and love

blizzard in a nutshell.

I wish starcraft 2 would have been a bit more ambitious and taken things from more innovative features from RTS's like supcom and come up a bit more of their own. (it's still a great game that I sink many hours into).

imo Blizzard used to blow your mind, and now they sort of give you what you expect while still being mostly great. Still, better than a lot of companies that were creative 15 years ago.

lestatdark said:
Chark said:
What are the minimum system requirements?

Minimum System Requirements

WINDOWS
MAC
Windows® XP/Vista/7 (latest service packs) with DX 9.0c Mac® OS X 10.6.8, 10.7.x or newer
Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+ Intel® Core 2 Duo
NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better
1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB (Vista/7) 2 GB RAM
12 GB available HD space 12 GB available HD space
DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only) DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)
Broadband** Internet connection Broadband** Internet connection
1024x768 minimum resolution 1024x768 minimum resolution

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements 

Basically any computer or laptop since 2006 can run this game.  

Not true. I called my mom to tell her how she could try the beta, and she found that when she booted the game, it told her that her laptops graphics card couldn't run it.

I was expecting it to work though :P  But yeah, blizzard games can run on toasters.

I thought the beta was decent.. But I don't know.. I think I was expecting it to have evolved more, and not just become eh.. More casual :P In the gameplay department. I guess I'm one of the ones who aren't much for the artstyle either. It CAN look pretty, but it looks too much like a warcraft 3 mod :P and very cartoony too.

But I'll still get the game and play it :P

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:
lestatdark said:
Chark said:
What are the minimum system requirements?

Minimum System Requirements

WINDOWS
MAC
Windows® XP/Vista/7 (latest service packs) with DX 9.0c Mac® OS X 10.6.8, 10.7.x or newer
Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+ Intel® Core 2 Duo
NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better
1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB (Vista/7) 2 GB RAM
12 GB available HD space 12 GB available HD space
DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only) DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)
Broadband** Internet connection Broadband** Internet connection
1024x768 minimum resolution 1024x768 minimum resolution

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements 

Basically any computer or laptop since 2006 can run this game.  

Not true. I called my mom to tell her how she could try the beta, and she found that when she booted the game, it told her that her laptops graphics card couldn't run it.

I was expecting it to work though :P  But yeah, blizzard games can run on toasters.

I thought the beta was decent.. But I don't know.. I think I was expecting it to have evolved more, and not just become eh.. More casual :P In the gameplay department. I guess I'm one of the ones who aren't much for the artstyle either. It CAN look pretty, but it looks too much like a warcraft 3 mod :P and very cartoony too.

But I'll still get the game and play it :P

What graphics card does her laptop have, an inboard one?.

I've been reading on the blizzard and diablo forums (and on this thread too), that the game is basically the same as it was 10 years ago and I couldn't be glader. Too many games from long running series try to "evolve" and "adapt" to the current trends only to fail miserably. If it's tried and true then don't mess with it, I say. Change can be good for a series that thrives on it or if the previous adaptation needed desperatly to keep up with the times, which was never the case of Diablo.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"