By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I think a CNET writer stole my idea and made a full article on it.

PullusPardus said:
Wow such an amazing revolutionary idea you got there ,using a handheld as a phone why hasn't anyone thought about that before ? You are a genius and that guy and a billion others who play games on their phones are just trying to rip your original fantastic idea off, you are truley the mastermind the world deserves , but doesn't need right now.

Pullus continues to kick ass and take names.

I agree with you though....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Kantor said:
I can't tell exactly when your thread was posted, but an article like that, in my experience from gamrFeed/Review needs brainstorming, drafting and editing so he almost certainly had the idea before you posted.

Pretty much what I was going to say.

I'm very sorry, chunk. I was going to cite you but my superiors were against it.

Adinnieken said:

No, you aren't the first person to have suggested this.  I know I said as much back before the Xperia Play was released and I'm sure others have said it as well. 

THere's a difference of suggesting a item like Play could be awesome when it was first mentioned, something I also was hoping for, to stating Vita should absolutely not exist in its current form but should be a smartphone... and doing it on the exact same day.

PullusPardus said:
Wow such an amazing revolutionary idea you got there ,using a handheld as a phone why hasn't anyone thought about that before ? You are a genius and that guy and a billion others who play games on their phones are just trying to rip your original fantastic idea off, you are truley the mastermind the world deserves , but doesn't need right now.

There is a reason I'm SUPERchunk and not just chunk.

Around the Network

Definitely possible, maybe even likely, but what can ya do? Grumble about it and move, I guess. Shitty, but hey. At least it wasn't professional work of yours.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

PullusPardus said:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. This is written way too subtly.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

blaydcor said:
PullusPardus said:

That was very blatant sarcasm. I think you were tricking yourself by reading it more subtly than it was actually meant to be.

wfz said:
blaydcor said:
PullusPardus said:

That was very blatant sarcasm. I think you were tricking yourself by reading it more subtly than it was actually meant to be.

My post, however, was subtle sarcasm.

superchunk said:
Adinnieken said:

No, you aren't the first person to have suggested this.  I know I said as much back before the Xperia Play was released and I'm sure others have said it as well. 

THere's a difference of suggesting a item like Play could be awesome when it was first mentioned, something I also was hoping for, to stating Vita should absolutely not exist in its current form but should be a smartphone... and doing it on the exact same day.

No, what was said was what the PSP2 should have been.  Not only has it been said before either the Xperia Play was released, but after the PS Vita was announced.   It never made any sense to build two different mobile gaming devices, fracture your market, and subject one device to essentially die.  Had Sony produced two models of the Xperia Play based on the PS Vita hardware, they could have had a non-phone, WI-FI only device and a 3G Smartphone device.

I've also stated this should be Microsoft's approach, if the enter the mobile gaming scene with more than smartphone gaming intentions.   

Saying it on the same day a story about the same subject gets published is meaningless in 2012 because its been talked about at length in 2011 and 2010.  The likelihood is that even your train of thought had been influenced by the opinions of others that came before you.  The fact that you and a CNet writer have come to a similar conclusion after both released and both are doing poorly just means you're both late to the party. 

Welcome, btw.

What you thought was your original idea was not original and has been said long before by others.