By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The XBLA Sales Thread (Fez over 250k !)

MonstaMack said:
Fez was around 90k I believe. BTW I ran into a game breaking glitch and the developer acknowledged it, and said the patch would be out late May. They were very prompt responding to my e-mail and basically admitted I was screwed, while admitting to their mistake. I will gladly buy from them again for their honesty and approach.

Only 90k ? when was that ?

I was guessing 200k by now. Anyway the next Gamasutra update should be out in approx. 10 days.

I hope you weren't too far in the game. I heard you could get 33 anti cubes, causing two achievements to glitch and you'd have to replay the whole game to get them.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
MonstaMack said:
Fez was around 90k I believe. BTW I ran into a game breaking glitch and the developer acknowledged it, and said the patch would be out late May. They were very prompt responding to my e-mail and basically admitted I was screwed, while admitting to their mistake. I will gladly buy from them again for their honesty and approach.

I was guessing 200k by now. Anyway the next Gamasutra update should be out in approx. 10 days.

I hope you weren't too far in the game. I heard you could get 33 anti cubes, causing two achievements to glitch and you'd have to replay the whole game to get them.

Nah was maybe an hour and a half in at tops. My game collection is huge , I'll be back to playing it post patch.

That was at the time of the post unless I was reading the leaderboards wrong again.

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:
Barozi said:
MonstaMack said:

Nah was maybe an hour and a half in at tops. My game collection is huge , I'll be back to playing it post patch.

That was at the time of the post unless I was reading the leaderboards wrong again.

I'm just baffled because it already has 7000 players on True Achievements. When Trials had about 7k players there it was around 200k on leaderboards and other XBLA games show a similar trend... but it's not impossible though since TA only consists of ~200.000 people and that's a very achievement focussed (maybe even hardcore ?) site.

Minecraft sold 400k first day and profited day one.
I was lucky enough to get a free code from Raptr. Good times!

Sadly, when I tried to look at the global leaderboard for entries my game freezes. If anyone has any success I believe it will show the total amount of users, but then again I could be wrong as usual.

It's just that simple.

Well I guess we can completely ignore True Achievements now. Minecraft was tracking way below Trials there and I think even below or on par with Fez.

Around the Network

Hmm. I didn't see this thread here.

I have Fez tracked at ~120k through the end of April. Leaderboards are vastly under-reporting, from what I see.

If there are any niche games you'd like estimates for, I can pull them for anyone interested..

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Hmm. I didn't see this thread here.

I have Fez tracked at ~120k through the end of April. Leaderboards are vastly under-reporting, from what I see.

If there are any niche games you'd like estimates for, I can pull them for anyone interested..

Cool sure share them if it's not too much work for you.
But I'm not going to add them in my list if they are below 200k. Would be too much work looking for games between 100k and 200k and then I guess smaller games are even more outdated.

Updated with latest Minecraft numbers.
Just Incredible.

http://majornelson.com/2012/05/10/minecraft-xbox-360-edition-breaks-digital-sales-records/

Barozi said:

Updated with latest Minecraft numbers.
Just Incredible.

http://majornelson.com/2012/05/10/minecraft-xbox-360-edition-breaks-digital-sales-records/

Over 1 Million units?! O.o

How much is the game converted, like 20 bucks? Profit margins done well I'd say.

So why it's 600k on the leaderboards?